Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil War Era Bullet and Change

turborick

Todays hunt resulted in $3.41 in clad, a dog tag, and what I believe to be a civil war era bullet. Not bad considering we spent much of the day traveling from area to area checking out some spots for future hunts. Every time I use my new 1350 I am more pleased by the way it finds coins even if I did not find any silver.

Rick

Thanks John, not a great day on finds but we were able to spend a little time checking out several different parks and fairgrounds in an adjoining county. As for the 1350 it is a recent upgrade from my 13 (I think) year old GTA 1000 and the learning curve has been bigger than I had expected. In some basic ways the machines are alike but the differences are more than I expected. The good news is that I am becoming more familiar with the 1350 and the more I learn the more pleased I am. It has taken me a while to become comfortable with the sizing feature but as I use it more I find that the size information can be very helpful when deciding what targets to dig.

That's a great hunt, Turborick. Sounds like the 1350 has definitely been a good investment.

:garrett::thumbup:

Yeah this hi-tech stuff takes some getting used to. When I ran the Garrett Classroom ( precursor to this forum ) a few years back, right along the time the 1500 and 2500 came out, most of the posts were about those two and the problems users were having getting used to them and trying to figure them out.

The big complaint was, " It doesn't perform like my other detector I had or have." I told them all the same - " The Garrett don't detect like other detectors so be prepared to start learning all over again." I saved a lot of detectors from being wrapped around the nearest tree.

Bill

You are correct, I would have given up and started a new hobby if it were not for the excellent advise on this site.
Thanks to all of you,