Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola

I did not see anything on their website that said if it was non motion. With the one I had I would move the detector around over the target to pinpoint with it and when I would stop moving it the sound would stay on constantly if I was over the exact center.

n/t

It puts the detector into all metal mode or you can keep the detector moveing over the target from the left to right and up and down.
non motion is like getting a signal all the time when you are over the target and motion is you need to move the detector to get a signal even if that movement is slight or a tiny bit, i have been told that if a motion detector is kept still over a target it will detune the target untill it is no longer seen untill you move the detector again and the target is seen that is.

You guys don't understand. I am holding the pinpoint button down. Doesn't matter. As soon as the motion stops. So does the signal. I know the button is working because it is changing from silent to threshold and does not discriminate. But, does not give ANY signal once coil is stopped and signal fades. Almost like it is tuning it out. Works pretty much the same as with button not pushed except you get a threshold and no discrimination but, signal fades just like it is in regular hunt mode.

I have had a Cibola, and now have a Vaquero, and would like to say that I too am confused by the term "no motion pinpoint" because I think that I understand, and am seeing the same thing you are. I am very interested in what others have to say about this subject, but I will tell you how I use the pinpoint.
I will press the pinpoint button and start a very slow sweep starting at the right or left side and try to cross the point where I think the target is. As the sweep approaches the target the tone will gradually get louder until the center of the coil just passes over the target, and at that point the tone will go quiet. Then I make another slow sweep starting at the back and push the detector forward and note the location where the tone just goes quiet again. I visually make a line horizontally and vertically along these paths, and where they intersect is where the target is. This has been very accurate for me.
If some consider that I am doing this wrong, or if there is a better way, I too want to hear a detailed example of how to use the pinpoint mode.
Best Wishes,
Scott

Hey Scott, Glad to hear I am not the only one. I do the same thing. Seems to work OK. I am just not a fan of a motion only machine. Got it on eBay right now as we speak. Very deep machine. Just not my bag.

What I have done was to center the coil over the spotI believe to be dead center on the target and then push the pinpoint button. This will give you a much lower tone and it will continue to make noise when you are directly over the target.

When detecting I never use the PP button. The variable tone drives me nuts, I can't figure it out.

I simply move the coil in an x pattern over the target in disc mode, observing the ground as i do do. Then I recover the target.