Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola vs. Silver U-Max

dlkamp

Can you give me the pros and cons on both machines? Would the Cibola be an upgrade from the Silver u-max?

Sure it would!
It has more functions available to the user.

Question is, are they valuable to you to warrant spending the additional dollars?
rmptr

Im a fan of the Cibola AND the SSuMax. I feel that you can hardly go wrong with either one. Some things you may want to ask:
Can you use the features on the Cibola? Unless you hunt closely with others, like at group hunts, then the freq shift is a dubious feature. Good to have, yes, but needed? Possibly not.

What about depth of detection? For sheer oomph, I suspect the Cibola has a bit more. So much more that it is heads above the SSuMax? Not according to tests with my Vaquero, the manual GB version of the Cibola. For most people who arent hunting clean deep soils like those in raw forests, plowed fields or sanded beaches, it may not matter. I can't hurt to have it, but it may not be your primary factor.

Whats your budget? If cost isn't an issue, hell, get a brand new Cib. If cost IS an issue and you are like most all-around users, get the SSuMax. The problem is, they are so good that it is hard to find one for much less than a used Cibola!

Either way, you are creating worry that isn't needed. Get one or the other and get busy.