Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Christmas Story by Bruce......Enjoy

Bruce

"Ribbons"

The storekeeper looked around his deserted store, automatically doing a mental inventory of his
stock. It had been a pretty good Christmas sales, as all the empty shelves showed. Since Christmas
was the next day, the store would be closed.
The front door opened on one last customer, just as he reached for the light switch. It was a small
boy, with a very runny nose, all bundled up in several layers of mixed clothing. This won't be much
of a sale, the storekeeper thought.
"Yes, boy, what do you need? Be quick, as I need to close."
"Mister, I've got to get my little sister a gift for tomorrow, and there is only one thing she wants, a
pretty bright red ribbon. I hope it don't cost much. All I have is fourteen cents. You can have it all."
"Ribbon, ribbon...? I don't believe I have any right now, and if I did there wouldn't be much left.
Everyone used it for Christmas decorations."
"Would you look, Mister? It will be the only present she'll get, and I want to get it for her, real bad."
So the storekeeper went behind the counter, once more, and gave a quick glance around. Seeing
nothing that looked like a red ribbon, he quickly gave up. There wasn't any profit staying any longer,
and he was getting hungry. "Nope, boy, no ribbon. Come back day after Christmas, and I might
find some."
The little boy began to cry softly, as he moved towards the door. His wet heavy shoes left tracks
across the shining floor. As he reached the door, the storekeeper turned out the lights. Pulling on his
heavy coat in the darkened store, he heard a quick rustling sound. Straining his eyes in the darkness,
he tried to see where the sound had come from. Seeing nothing, he moved towards the door again,
in the dark.
There...there was that sound, once more!
Spinning around, the storekeeper made his way back to the light switch, and snapped it on with a
angry gesture. Expectiing to see a mouse scurrying away, he was totally astonished to see a mound
of shineing red ribbon on his counter right next to the cash register. Shaking his head, he wondered
how he had overlooked the pile of ribbons earlier? Darting to the door, he opened it,and called out
to the little hunched figure walking away from the store.
"Come back, boy. I found some ribbon after all"
After the fourteen cent sale was rung up, the storekeeper turned out the lights once more, and locked
up the store for the night. He, then, followed the happy child down the street.
Behind, the steet lamp shone into the store. It's soft light made the candy canes gleam.
All white, no red.

Written by: Bruce H. Goslowsky

I hope that you decide to stay awhile and post a few more. Say, tell us about what started you on writing the Christmas stories and would you post a few of the past stories that you have written? Again, thanks for posting this great story. Kelley (Texas) :)

Thanks for the nice words, Kelly. Please print the story and pass it around. I started writing when a local paper asked for Christmas stories as an contest. My first story was accepted and printed with 9 others out of hundreds. I've been doing it, now, for 27 years. And I'll post another soon. Perhaps Moo, and it's sequel, Santa and Fred. Both children stories.

Christmas story. With a message we could all use. Listen to people and try to help, even if it takes a little extra effort

Welcome home.... hope that you can find the time to sit a spell and put your feet up. A few stories are nice too, but that is optional.

Calm seas

Micheal

Thanks Bruce!!

Your story, as all really good stories do, touched my heart!!

Again, Many Thanks,

CJ

PS Welcome Friend!