Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Christmas on the farm

Dan-MO

The lot was full in front so I parked back in the back
And dodged the shoppers coming out with all that they could pack
A line stretched out 100 deep all hoping for the same
A chance to buy one of the few newest computer games

The lights inside were brightly lit, The shoppers all were stressed
And a animated Santa wished all the very best
7 foot neon Christmas trees stood glaring on display
And children screamed in anger, when they didn

The crazy traffic and shopping is in full swing here. I just shake my head.:shrug: I, like everyone else here, much prefer the good ole' days and the real reason for the season. You have a knack for great prose !!:)

its too bad we sometimes get lost in the shuffle this time of year. Now days we are all doing "90 to nothin" most of the time and forget the Christmas' of days gone by. Thanks for the post.

Lil Brother

Alice is improving, our daughter and her kids moved from Calgary to a small farm 4 miles down the road, our son is coming to visit, our other daughter is coming up....... we do not need any more than that.

Thank you dan..

fair winds, calm seas

M

Throw in a Christmas Eve late night "hottub" soak with a glass of red wine and voila !:thumbup:

n/t

Dan,Great poem,which is a reminder that our socieity has missed something important along the way.

of what Christmas was like when I was a child. We had great gifts...a shirt made with loving hands by my Grandmother, boots given to me by my parents, a real "wool" saddle blanket given to me by Uncle Doc, a pocket knife given to me by my sister, and I can go on and on. Those were the happy times. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

who is 90. She said it sorta sadens her to see the piles of toys the kids get now days. Now days the kids get so dang much that they don't appreciate a thing. They just seem to rip open a present that we have spent a lot of time and effort on and look at it and on to the next one.
I was in Best Buy a few days ago and a guy was buying a ipod for his 10 year old grandson. Three hundred bucks for something the kid will not even appreciate. Maybe for an hour or so but soon it will be in the washing or left at his buddys house.

I am just giving money this year and as usual, I will be very happy with the 26th gets here. Christmas has no meaning any more for many. Just a time to get gifts