Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Christmas Has Come & Gone But You've Got To See This!

SeniorSeeker

Becky Kelley - where's The Line To see Jesus

The Story Behind the Song

This Christmas song was prompted by a 4-year-old's question, "Where's the Line to See Jesus?" and recorded by Becky Kelley, and has now gone viral on YouTube with more than a half a million hits in fewer than two weeks. Kelley, 30, has said that the response to the song and video has been amazing.

Since the video's taken off, Kelley's been spending up to three hours a days answering e-mails from around the world and fielding calls from radio station DJ's and record producers.

"I'm blown away," Kelley says. "DJ's are calling and asking me, 'Who are you? Do you have anything else? What other records do you have?' And I have to tell them this is it. I don't have anything else."

The song was prompted by a question Kelley's nephew Spencer Reijgers asked while they were standing in line at a mall waiting to see Santa Claus. She mentioned it to her father, Steve Haupt, a St. Louis business owner with a background as a pianist, and he then wrote the song based on the question.

They recorded it last year and made a demo video with the help of Kelley's cousins, but the effort was amateurish and didn't get that much attention. Kelley knew music producer Chris Loesch, co-owner of Shock City Studios, and asked him to listen to what they had. Loesch said Friday that he helped tweak the song with a stronger chorus and a new second verse, and got Kelley and her father into the studio with a full band.

"We went all-out," Loesch said. "We thought we had something special." They then got cinematographer Chris Benson, a camera man for the movie "Up in the Air," to make the video. The result is one of the hottest Christmas songs online this holiday season.

Kelley is married to Nathan Kelley, 32. They have one child, Grace, who is 3 years old. They met as teens at their church, McKnight Road Church of Christ, and both graduated from David Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=OExXItDyWEY&vq=medium
Are we waiting in line to see Jesus?

My Great-Aunt and Uncle, who have since passed away, and their daughter and family went to the Church of Christ on McKnight Road in St. Louis, MO before moving to Houston, Texas! Her children are all grown and her husband has passed away, also, and she is older than I am...in her 80's! The church people sang beautifully without music and it was so great listening to them at my Great-Aunt's funeral! The world can be a very small place! I can't hear the singing and music but I'm sure it is great and beautiful for Christmas time! Amen! :angel: Ma