Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Christmas Eve On the Delaware (a repost for the new blood)

Arkie John

I suppose I have reposted this story three times now. So you old folks just indulge and allow the newbies a new story.

Merry Christmas to each of you...my very special friends. <><

aj

I have heard this story told several times as a sermon illustration. The renditions varied in degrees. So I researched it and bounced it against several sources, none of which were copyrighted. So I present to you what I believe to be the most accurate recollection of what I have chosen to call

It will be interesting to see in the hereafter just how many times we were all spared a bullet, so to speak, at various times in our lives. Time to head out onto the deck and fire up the BBQ.......going to slow cook some ribs and chicken and spend a nice, quiet Christmas day. Had a beautiful Christmas eve ! Hope your Christmas day brings His peace in abundance to you and all of your loved ones. God bless and thanks for the beautiful story,

Rob

I'm glad you liked that story. I really just love that story. Better yet, I love sharing it.

The times--they are a-changin', but God is the same yesterday, today and always. We just have to receive His precious gift.

Again, thank you so much for reading the story and posting back. Your post alone, made it so worthwhile to post yet one more time.

Blessing in the coming year.

aj

Psalms 34:15

I commented on it last night, but guess not! I guess Rob is the only new blood that was on the puter yesterday! :)

I hope you post it every Christmas holiday.

big brother for the repost. It was again this year very touching and a wonderful way to end my Christmas.

This story reaches new people every year so dont even think about NOT posting it again next year. Look at the views compared to the responses. People read it and some even ponder on it and thats what counts.

ILY

Lil Brother

That God is in FULL control and has a plan for our lives, if only we will embrace Him.

Thanks for the post, bro! <><

Yo brother supreme,

Johnboy

Sanky did meet his Maker, but it was in the "fullness of time." One day we will each have that appointment and on that day we will be judged by Christ Himself. If He is our Lord we have no worry and will join him in all eternity.

But until that time, He has plans for us, a hope and a future, and for those to take place, we must make Him our Boss. Make the most of the coming year, Arkie Paul.

Tell us a good story when you have the time. I know you have a bunch, being from these parts! <><

aj

"My sheep (1) hear my voice and (2)I know them and (3)they follow Me." Jesus