Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Christmas Eve hunt

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Found this site on my 1875 plat book, its not on the following maps which make it on ideal site, another Civil war veterans homestead! I was using the big coil in field 2, recovery 6, sensitivity 22. The button was pretty rough but complete as is the Henry case. The buckle rang up a solid 22. I found toe plates, a harmonica reed, pocket knife and an interesting brass key. Just getting started on this site as it needs a real pounding.
HH Jeff

[No message]

Nice finds Jeff I was lucky to get out yesterday to!
Merry Christmas
Mark

Nice hunt Santa

Dale(Ia) said:
Always good to get a Shield, Jeff! Nice assortment of finds!

Iowa Dale

See ya in March!

The date was messing with me till I got out the red book 67' was a mid year change from rays to no rays. Jewelry cleaner was the only way to see the date just a few seconds and it popped.
HH Jeff

Love the Shield Nickel!!!!!!! Been long time since I found my last one!! Congrats!!!! Looks like a great day out...

Mike K "Ohio"

sgoss66 said:
Nice digs, Jeff! Good work! I'll be interested to see what else the site yields!

Steve
Went back Christmas day and dug lots of artifacts no show stoppers, will try it again and post some pics. The iron field is quit large so it will take some time, hope the weather holds.
HH jeff

Mike K (Ohio) said:
Love the Shield Nickel!!!!!!! Been long time since I found my last one!! Congrats!!!! Looks like a great day out...

Mike K "Ohio"
Thanks Mike They are not common around here but I have several
HH Jeff

hooelo said:
I hope the buckle that goes with that keeper is there,that would be a really good way to start out 2020.
I liked that piece also. Any ideas what it is?
HH Jeff