Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

choosing beach detector

Moe (FL)

I am trying to choose a beach detector for Florida. So far I am leaning toward the Whites Beachhunter ID but have heard that the Whites Surf PI, Minelab Sovereign GT, and Excalibur are also pretty good. Does anyone know the pros/cons of these detectors and which may be the best/buy value?

I already own a Whites MXT which works good on land.

Thanks for your feedback.

HH.
Moe

I have just gone through tons of research and although I use a White's MXT and was leaning towards a Whites PI pro I have decided on a Detector pro Head hunter PI. It is less expensive than an excal and from what I have found it is more sensitive to gold than the Whites. In my opinion it is the best bang for the buck. You can check them out at the detector pro forum, Don;t be shy on contacting MR Bill on that forum , he is very help-full.
Just remember that a pi unit does not discriminate, you got to dig it all. But they do handle wet salt extremely well and are very deep.
I will be getting my hh pi on Wednesday of this week and I can't wait to try it out.

Hope I helped a bit.