Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:cheekkiss: thanks, Dew...

sangamon

...because i spent Wednesday afternoon at a site you suggested to me in 2007. i spent over 4 hours in the sun, crawling along with my new 10x12 SEF. this place is off the radar, yet still well-known, and has been pounded over the years. matter of fact, the first time i came here, i ran into a local guy swinging his SE. in other words, i didn't really expect to find much, yet the potential was certainly there. the history dates back over 150 years...okay, 'nuff said.

i ran in Iron Mask 14; manual sensitivity at 22, and took it slow...i figured i would at least get the low-conductivity targets that everybody else had passed up through the years...and hopefully some deepies that were previously out of reach! i wound up with quite a bit of lead and brass...bullets (including one very nice dropped mini

Thats a very interesting place with a lot of history for such a small out of the way place. I met the old guy that cleaned it up several years ago.... it was nothing but sticker bushes everywhere. Ive seen photo of the place from the 20s there were people everywhere. Words gotten out and a few more people have hunted it but as you have shown there are still guddies there. Thats one heck of a great find. I picked up a gold ring and hair bret the last time i was there. CONGRATS....

Dew

Ean. A beauty...Congratulations

Hi Ean, Larry told me I had to take a look at what you found. WOW! That's a real pretty seated dime! :cheers: Glad I came by to check it out. I love the pictures too. Have you been back there? Keep us posted if so. HH, Nancy

...2 days before my daughter was born. no wonder i forgot! :wacko:

Old news but good news. I'm ready for my second one now.

Nothing like friends on here to stear you toward good locations. Dont care how many people have been there sometimes your just the lucky dude who went the right direction. I got some good advice for a place from one of our INDIANANAPOLIS club members yesterday.... ended up with a seated 1891 quarter and barber dime 1898. Larry... if i found a gold coin you guys wouldnt see me on here any more.... id die from a heartattact LOL. Great finds guys.

Dew