Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Check This Out

metalmiester

This is an old grave yard that has some potential. The ground here is extemely iron riddled. She hasn't given up much yet but being the patient fisherman I am she will

If this graveyard is way out somewhere and not in actual current use, I would probably be trying to find out myself where it is. I mean really , just leave it like you found it and have at it.
There are probably remains of somebody in every square inch of ground in the entire earth. The dead are dead! they won't be upset if you poke around them alittle, in fact after a couple centuries of being hidden away they probably look forward to your company.

I think I would take everything back before they find it gone. And they start taking stuff from you...............

The ground in a grave yard is either hallowed or cursed. I choose never to find out. Besides, isnt it considered disturbing a grave sight? and that can lead to trouble with the law.

Good luck, but what ever you find I would just take a pic of it and re burry it in the same spot.

Jimb SE WI

There is a big difference between hunting around a cemetery for things people lost while visiting and digging some poor guy up and stealing his gold teeth and jewelry. There are books that list cemeteries as better places to find coins and jewelry. Just make sure you get permission (if it applies). There are old small cemeteries that have been long forgotten by the public all over. There are also people buried all over the place in unmarked graves. Every coin you dig up if it is more than 75 years old belongs to someone that is dead any way. I don't see what the big deal is. Knock your self out and good luck.
-Joe

I personally stay out of Cemeteries and I only detect where the parking area's are. Too creepy to detect in amungst Graves!

.....near the entrance to a grave yard. My buddy was proud of it ...had a date on it...1910. Then two nights after he found the button he had a hard time going to sleep. This was never a problem before and then for 3 nights in a row he saw the graveyard ..... in his dreams!!! That was it..... exactly one week later he returned the silver button to as close as the place he found it. Everything went back to normal......stay away from grave yards you never know what you'll bring back!!!!!!

Every cemetery is owned and maintained by someone or some organization of which they should be contacted for permission. I have hunted them on occasion but feel very uncomfortable when doing so. Rule of thumb is stay off the grave sites and hunt the pathways only. Hunt the fringes if you can but again watch for indentations and stay off of them. Our club was contacted by a historical society to assist in locating markers, which one was found, and allowed to hunt the site. Etiquette and Compassion is required when hunting, especially in a large and current up to date cemetery. Watch for mourners and family members paying respects and then stay out or away. Bottom line is some cemeteries do allow detecting and some do not, make sure you find out.

A fried owns the land on which is located a cemetery. The grounds and cemetery have been hunted by many guys with metal detectors over the years.

I like many of you was hesitant to do so but after we talked I looked a little but stayed off the graves. He thought I was being overly sensitive and laughed about my hesitation to hunt on the graves. I explained that I could just see some little old lady come up and there I was digging for coins on her husbands grave. This cemetery is out in a country setting and not one that is downtown or even in the suburbs.

I have another friend that has permission for us to hunt on land owned by an Indian. He is about a full blood as you can get so I feel pretty comfortable hunting the site with him. He mentioned that there was an old cemetery on a hill and wanted to go there to hunt for arrowheads and relics. Once again I was shy and told him I did not want to get into being accused of disturbing Indian burial grounds or anything like that. He told me hunting around the old graves was one of the main reasons he wanted to hunt the site. I have declined so far to do so and don't know if he has.

I am not sure what my points are but I do know that there are a lot of different thinking about hunting grave sites. So I don't know the answer but I have a tendency to not hunt them. I am not sure what I would do if I wound an few old grave way back in the woods. Most likely I would hunt around the site being careful. If it was at all possible I would get permission as a minimum. I think I would simply have to be there and it would depend on the situation.

You lost me? Why would I be laying down? ding! the light just went on! LOL . How do you know I dont have it in my will to take it with? My coffin all ready has a gun rack and a solar powered radio set to blue grass for eternity listed in my will:nopity: One strange happening and it spooks ya for life.

Good luck- But if you here voices in your head phones and no one is there? ASk them for the loto numbers please.

jimb:cheers:

I have too much respect for both the departed and my own SELF RESPECT. I won't hunt near graves PERIOD !!! Maybe I was just raised differently, but when you start making excuses to make this OK, you are lowering the bar. One of the problems with the sliding standards we keep seeing everywhere.

So how is that different then any one hunting a battelfield. If 9/11 is sacred then Codey you are making me think. I just wondererd innto the area and didn't think that this would turn out like it did and I can always respecct your advice and input. I have not been back since and can make a million excuces wht to go back. Thank you for your advice and honestey. There are so maney hippicrates out there and I trust your judgement. Scxott