Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Check this out Wayne, They just tried to sneak it in again.

George-CT

Norton took care of it this time....... I'll see if I can find out where the opening is. This is on my XP machine with service pack 3. There are a lot of holes in this program. Not as concerned about this one as I am Win 7..... They never stop trying....

George-CT

via a script on a website you visit? Can you check your history and narrow it down? Are you using IE or firefox on that machine? Are you running "no script"? At least Norton caught it!
Lately there have been many incidences of "drive by" infections where you only need to visit a page and not even click on anything to be infected. Many of these are fake websites made to look like legit ones and will come up in a google or other search looking like the real thing.
One can also block them in the hosts file by using "HostsMan" free from Cnet downloads.

So far i have not heard of the fake anti virus spread by email other than someone following spam links.
Getting really nasty on the net and it seems the worst comes from Russia.

XP setup at all. I just downloaded the Hostman to see what its about. Quick download. As a rule I'm pretty careful where I go. Forget which one but one of these alerts me when I click on a questionable web site with different colored cautions.... I have so many program on here I forget which one is doing what.

Geo

As long as your comfortable working with your hosts files it is a highly recommended program but not for those who don't know their puters well. You of course won't have a problem as you are way above my level of puter competence.
I sure like the firefox security but the newest releases seem to be buggy, much more than it used to be. I got a bad patch from Norton (NIS2010) a month ago and it and firefox addons were not happy together until Norton released a proper patch weeks later, also microsoft had a hand in the problem by installing a bum extention to the fox without telling anyone:ranting: