Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CHEAP/GOOD DETECTOR BAG!

Buddysox

Just thought I would pass this on to the forum readers. Just got my Explorer ll but no carrying bag. The ones from the manufactures were expensive and cumbersome to me so I went looking for an alternative. After a lot of looking I wandered into a discount sporting goods store and after looking at all the camping bags etc. a clerk noticed the bewildered look and asked me if she could help. After describing what I wanted she said she had the perfect bag. I doubted her but followed to the baseball section. She was right! A bat bag that the players use to take their equipment to a game is perfect for the explorer and at 15.00 on sale is a bargain. It holds all I need, Detector, tools, and every thing, with several compartments for accessories. The bag is made of heavy nylon material with shoulder strap. Velcro carry handle and tuck away backpack straps to carry and keep your hands free. There is an end zippered shoe compartment that's just right for headphones and keeps them clean. Your explorer has to be broken down once at top of the shaft. I even have room for another shaft and coil.
My bag has "RAWLINGS" down the side of it but then I thought this may deter theft as no one will realize that a 1000.00 detector is in it. The bags vary in size and goodies but the most expensive I saw was 29.00. Of course there are many variations of these bags and I'm shure most guys can find what they want. Give it a look at he local discount Sporting goods store and let me know what you think!
Tried to do photos but they were too big to post.Maybe later.

I've been looking for something like that but ended up keeping my eye out for a big enough backpack that was cheap enough. Sounds like that's a better deal if I'm not taking long hikes. What does that puppy weigh?

...is a bow hunting bag. This bag is padded, wide and has a full length zipper which makes it a snap to put in or take out your detector.

Can be bought cheaply enough at Walmart or most any Sporting Goods store. ($19-$29)

I'd say only about a pound and a half for the bag only. Rides good on the shoulders with the backpack straps. Oh, yes, most that I saw had pullout hooks on the top to hang on a ballfield backstop. I use them to hang on a strong hanger then put it in the closet. Check them out, you wont be disappointed.