Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Chatter sound in my new MXT

Since I've used the MXT new this spring I find mine chatty (slight warbling sound) also .
Doesn't seem to affect its performance.
I 've seen people on this forum say its a chatty detector.

Define chatty for me. I just bought a new MXT 300 and I hear chatty sound when I have my threshold turned up. I turn it down just above being silent or to where I can stand hearing the humming in my ears for two hours.

I don`t hear it when I tune the threshold out. But I thought you lose depth doing that. :shrug: I might be trying to run the sensitivity too high. Thanks for your input I need all the help I can get. HH Jim In Bama

chatter chatter chatter all the time on mine....but it's like fishing the waves make the rod move but you know when you get a good hit.

mine chatters all the time....It's like fishing though the waves make the rod jerk around a little but you still know for sure when you get a hit.

try turning sensitivity down a little and threshold almost to silence or you can hunt in relic mode and set your discrimination were you want it and if you want trigger forward and listen for high tone from everything not discriminated out gos deep this way for me.