Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

chasing jewelry signals with an explorer

se stan

getting the silver is one thing but figuring out the correct sound of gold is still a mystery to me..
yes chasing that split pulltab number or digging nickels is the one way...
is it better to listen for any low tones containing solid locking numbers ?
could you guys tell me what numbers interest you more than others..

thanks ..............stan

Hi SE Stan,
Sorry I don't use the numbers on gold much as gold varies so much from Karat to Karat (mixture of silver, brass other medals to pure gold) that it hits up and down the x/y graph as to render using numbers unreliable. I can tell you this, where silver would hit generally in the same areas gold jewelery varies far greater on the graph. Small thin gold will hit like tinfoil and thicker bands or rings with large crowns that hold stones will hit like bullets, medium rings like pull tabs. The sound though is usually quite solid and sharp. If I am in my area where I find gold rings I will practically dig any target that hits solid tones and some iffy ones too that I just have to see what it is. Some of them are gold. And if it is easy to dig then I open the machine up with very very little discrimination and check every target. If it is hard to dig then I will discriminate out the common problem items I find and still dig lots of odd signals. Other than that I would suggest you do what I did and test every ring and gold item you can find to get experience with the way the machine reacts and where the rings will show up. This worked well for me and my gold take increased and I also found a 2.5 dol gold coin that I am certian lots of folks left for me because it was only 5 inches deep next to the iron junk.
Good luck to you.
utahshovelhead

I think Andy hit it on the head in his book when he was beach hunting. If you are hunting for gold you might have to use a pattern which disregards those upper tones like coins. Jewerly... like nickels do have a distinct tone, like Utah said. Lets get real thou, what do you think the percentage of ring loss to coin loss is? There may only be a couple of losses in a park. They are rare finds.... even for those machines that are atoned more to gold. Rings do seem to have a better sounds. Also, ive never found a ring at 10" most are no deeper than 3". So you are shallow hunting... unless you are on a beach. The Explorers are the slouch everyone makes them out to be on the beach especially. You are digging most everything there with in that range. Also on the beach if you hear a churp you are more likely to dig ... and find earrings and copper tacks at 3 or 4 inches.