Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Charlotte N.C. Based Detecting Club Seeks New Members

Dirt NC

I am the Vice Pres. of the Metal Detecting Association of the Carolinas. (MDAC). We are a growing club that is comprised of approx. 30 members. The club holds monthly meetings where we discuss club business, give informative presentations, plan future hunts and check out recent finds. We also hold monthly outings where we have an old or historic site to detect. For example, on our November 4th outing (which is tomorrow)we are going to hunt a huge British camp from the Revolutionary War. Our December outing will be a large Confederate campsite from the Civil War. On recent past outings we have detected interesting sites including Camp Green army base from WWI, stage coach stop from the 1800's, abandoned fairgrounds from the 1950's, early 1900's school house and 1800's era mill just to name a few. Membership cost is only $15.00 a year. If you live in the Charlotte area and would be interested in joining us you can email me at stallturn4@aol.com or just PM me here for more info. We would love to hear from you! HH

Too far :(

I have a sister that lives in Concord NC. When I am up that way I usually end up outside New London panning for gold.

I use to go on the other side of Goldhill. A place called Morgan's farm. He died and the new owners don't welcome prospectors. I go to a place on the other side of Albemarle north of Troy in Uwharrie national forest. I go about a half mile from the road. An older man told me of a place that doesn't have much fine gold. He told me when you do find gold it's big and it runs in a line. He said move around till you find it. It is at a place where the creek comes down the hill into the main stream. He said I will see old mines in the hill side. It is a 2 mile hike to get there and he is too old to hike it any more. He was talking about panning. I thought about panning it but now that I am into Mding that is the way to go. I just have to get me a gold detector. I am in the middle of a bunch of things right now and it will be a while before I get to it.