Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Charleston, SC

Excalifor

I'm going to be in Charleston, SC this Memorial Day weekend and I'm completely unfamiliar with the area. Hoping to hit the beach with my Excalibur but I don't know any of the local rules. I would appreciate any help/tips/pointers.

Bring that Xcal and have a blast. All beaches in SC are public. No prohibitions on detecting. Just stay out of the dunes. There is a County beach park on isle of palms and one on folly beach that prohibit detecting in the parks but you can detect the beach in front of the parks. Expect competition as every tourist who owns a detector brings it with them when they come to visit. Then there are us locals to contend with. Folly beach was renourished last year so fresh drops will be the norm. If you see a decrepit, white haired old phart out swinging say high.

Great, thanks for the info. Hope to see you out there.

I was just informed that I will be at one of my Grandsons High School graduation in Ga that weekend.

I Spent five hours yesterday at Isle Of Palms. Tough to find anything. Got enough clad to pay for one of the two gallons of gas I used getting there and back home.

Be careful to observe parking information on any of the three local beaches.

Folly Beach is serious about collecting as much money as possible on parking violations. They got me for being 19 feet 9 inches from an intersection. Law says 20 feet. Yep $50. Of my clad finds down the drain.

https://www.cityoffollybeach.com/city-departments-services/public-safety/folly-rules/

GeorgeinSC said:
Bring that Xcal and have a blast. All beaches in SC are public. No prohibitions on detecting. Just stay out of the dunes. There is a County beach park on isle of palms and one on folly beach that prohibit detecting in the parks but you can detect the beach in front of the parks. Expect competition as every tourist who owns a detector brings it with them when they come to visit. Then there are us locals to contend with. Folly beach was renourished last year so fresh drops will be the norm. If you see a decrepit, white haired old phart out swinging say high.

Hey George..if he says hi to all the white haired old pharts out swinging, he won't have time to hunt LOL...Tab Hunter (Larry) in ElginSC.

Yes I forgot to tell him to look for the Best Looking white headed old phart on the beach. And most likely one of the oldest.