Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Charles and Diane coin

grahamp

Had a swing on the beach this morning after a long absence, no gold unfortunately, just about

What you swinging and where you from mate.
Cornish lad here.
Is that a 5 pound coin?
Only ever found one in my time on the beach
About 7.60 dollar for you Yanks
I do keep hearing that they will do away with the five pound note and bring the five pound coin in to regular use
beach detectorist heaven LOL
I hope so
Nice finds and happy hunting
PS might have a higher than face value

Hi chipmonky, I used a tesoro rapier with a cleansweep coil my favorite soft sand combo, a full 18" swathe I can cover a lot of area compared to the standard coil, pinpointing is spot on too and a pound coin can be had at over 6" so the trade off by the large coverage is minimal. I also bought a spare 4 pin cleansweep coil to fit to a tejon or to keep as a spare just in case.

The Charles DI coin was one of a number of commemoratives at that time and has a face value of 25p................ wowee. :) I suppose the thinking at the time was because the ten pence piece and the five pence piece were double today's and that was the size equivalent.

I have been hoping for a small five pound coin for years, the sooner the better..

Thats a big Coin........Hope to see many more hunts/finds posted, good to see your out again..................HH.......Joe