Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

chapters 4,5,6

butch...ar

ROYAL..screen pops up and says to shorten the post it is too large...so, sending it in short notes

to be cont'd
chapter 4
Bonnie, soon new she had made a very big mistake telling- not asking- Jay to come to her apartment for a few days, till the swelling in his eyes went down. Her apartment was very small and with 2 small children it was cramped. Tim, was constantly dropping by visiting and really getting in the way, more than he was helping. She knew soon Jay and Clyde would drive back to the country home not to far away. But, having not worked for 3 nights she had gotten worried over finances for her and the children.
A phone call came from Chief Steve and Bonnie invited him over for Tim was there as well. What Chief Steve told the three of them, when he arrived astounded them. It seemed there was a hefty reward out for the capture of the red headed man who had caused so much trouble in the club. He was a fugitive, who was awaiting trial in Waco and had escaped going on a crime spree in several states. He had been changing up his appearances to stay underground, surfacing just long enough to satisfy his cravings for seeing people hurt, from small children, to grown ladies and men.
Steve laughed really hard when he said Mr. David Crockett cannot hide now with his appearance for the top of his left ear gone will be a a sure recognizing spot with local law forces. The reward check was offered to Jay for the capture of this bad man.
Jay, had other ideas for this hefty reward-- he wanted a third of it to go to Bonnie and another third of it to go to Tim and the remaining third to go to the FOP! Steve, smiled and said he knew it would be this way. Bonnie was tickled for it left money for reserves and college educations. Tim, had his eyes on a new Harley motorcycle for a while and knew his savings was not enough. Jay, knew if it had not been for the panic button suggested by Steve, things would have been deathly without the local police showing up like they had in such force.

YUK, said Bonnie with Tim and Steve laughing very hard. Surely after this reward you are NOT going to have that for lunch.
well, yes...sardines and Twinkies and boiled eggs are well known for swellings and proceeded with his noon meal, as Bonnie ran out of the room.
to be cont'd
Chapter 5.....Just Lucy
Lucy had seen so many litters of pups thru the years that she was a well seasoned grandmother. She had trained and taught to run trail and to not cut on a fox to keep the hunt fair and square to the animal many a grandchild. Lucy, had seen her better years and was very worn slap out, especially with her last litter of 9, her teats had not fully gone back yet and when she ran a little to fast they got to swinging side to side and poor old Lucy would have to stop and let the teats hang loose once again. I will allways wonder if she ever forgived me for placing a full grown solid black, except for one small white speck cat on her turf which she protected with dignity and pride. not like the other 11 hunting dogs he had at the time, Lucy was allowed full run of the place and was never penned up. She slept, she ate-she napped some more. Retirement meant a lot to her and this cat was just not what she had visioned as being around her in her final days.
Clyde, now had other plans for the old worn out hunting dog. Where once Lucy was a pure saddleback running walker with papers, Clyde was a pure solid black alley cat who had street smarts and uncanning ways to make one like him or if she so chose to leave the hill. Clyde, dealt Lucy torment for he wanted to play constanly with the old dog, allways interrupting a very peacefull nap time. Enough of this one day she thought and got up strectched and took off ninety miles an hour chasing Clyde, untill she tired and stopped. clyde, tirned around and went to cat dancig sideways at her and screaming his battle songs. LUCY, thought "OH S##T" and back down to her doghouse in a hard run she went with the gosh awfull alley cat right on her heels. She darted into her house turned around and was so embarresed for the other hunting dogs still in their primes saw all this action from the kennels and went to whooping it up big time. Lucy, peeked out of the house she had called home for 11 years, with a sheepish frown on her face and there sat that crazy furry critter sitting down a licking himself paying her no mind at all. She kept a keen eye on this raskal, and played like she was dozing off again for another nap, peeking out with just a slightly raised eye to just keep the cat straight.
Clyde, thought well, if nothing else he would just wander over to the kennels and pester the other dogs for they were in a pen and could not bother him. He would run full speed up a young red oak tree, stop and twist around and back down slowly as if to say to them dogs, betcha can't do that trick guysand dolls. the hunting dogs would roar at Clyde, trying thier best to get out and do Clyde bodily harm. Then he would act like nothing had happened and walk around the pen ever so close turning his back to them, showing them his A$$ and spraying a funny smelling scent onto thier fence posts. they, thought this was the funkyiest smelling thing they ever smelt besides the skunks they tried to run one moon lite night, before Lucy had taught them better. Then clyde would go back and jump up on Lucy's house and lie down for him a cat snooze. days on end of these antics got to be old salt for all the other dogs, including Lucy, but she lept a keen eye on him for he was full of mischief and she knew it. days, Turned into weeks, into months and Clyde took every advantage of the situation when left at home in the country instead of going to his nightclub to see all his preety college cuties.
Lucy, knew when her hunting friend backed up the pick-up truck to the dog trailer, hooked it up, that all dogs even her were going hunting that evening and she sure hoped he would leave that darn cat at home. Lucy, had taught the pups thru the years that if we loaded at sunup we ere to hunt deer, but if he loads us all up at nightime we better run fox or we would not eat for that man took his hunting serious. so, to keep her old bones in shape after the years started wearing on her, during the days sometimes she would wander off down the woods trail by the pond and see if she could scent a deer on her own, run him for a short just to stay limbered up and then shyly stop and go back home.
now, this would have been easy for the old walker gyp for she had don this so many times and knew the routine, but now out of the corner of her eye she had a shadow following her everywhere she went. It did no good to try to chase that silly cat back to the house, for he was hard headed and would just come back, so she ignored him and got the race going. No matter how far she ran, where she did it fast or slow, where the deer went in circles like a fox or if it made a straight line out of the country, there outside of her was this crazy cat hopping along and keeping up saying not a word. tiering, Lucy knew when to stop and start back home and that darn foolish cat would insult her by running a few steps in front of her and stopping to look back as she took her time. Now, after many trips of this the other penned houds saw the two coming back together just as they had left and soon became to realize that the ugly stinking cat was not so bad after all, for even the man petted the cat in front of the dogs as he fed them and gave them water. But, to insult them one day he left the gate open and we started to slip out and go for a run on our own, but we knew we would lose that old cat as fast as we were and chose to stay at home. glad,we did for the hunter remembered and come back to shut the sliding door but good gosh man get that cat out of our pen, we have our dignity to uphold.
Clyde, soon made sure he had napped on top of each dog house in the pen. he would run up the redoak tree, skimmer out on a limp and get it to dangling and down into the pen he would go atop one of the houses. Wee barked and it did not good, so we got to be ust like Lucy and tried to ingore the beast. ONE day though we did see Clyde chase a dog food thieving grey squirell up a tree and out on a limb and we could not ever corner that stealing squirel for he allways showed up at nap time. Clyde,cornered the grey squirell and moved in for the kill breaking it's neck with one swift bite, more like a snake poisoning its prey.
Lucy and the other hunters saw that old stinking cat catch over 80 of those raskals that had tormented them to death with thier thivery and skillfull tree climbing skills, but Clyde if that squirel moved he was a dead duck. Lucy got ready for a play time she just acted un concerned and went to the swing on the back porch and barked at Clyde and the race was on. First she would chase the cat and then the cat would chase her, then she would chase the cat some more allways trying to get the upper hand but the darn cat was so quick and fleetfooted, why he could even clear a 5 foot fence and never touch it. The hunting dogs would allways cheer ol Lucy on in the games they played, even way into the evening dimness and then the tree frogs sang thier songs....
One cool clear crisp morning Ol Lucy awoke to the funny sound she had only heard once or twice in her career of being a hunting damsel, for in the far distance behind the pond down by the deer trails, she heard the scream of a bigger cat, one that she had tried to run once with some puppies years ago to see what it was and some of her babies did not return home. She stood galantly and defended her turf as the other hunting dogs heard the second and third report from the forrest and set in answering it's call with an enormous roar of thier own. She saw the man who had taken her hunting so many times come a running from the country home and reaching down and leashing her to a post he opened all kennels and with a scream to the top of his lungs, sick him boys, run him out of here and down the trail they all went fast and gallantly in a cloud of dust, all of them except her.
She knew a old trick she used to play on him years ago, when she was laddn with pups and set in working her charms, first she just whimpered and looked at him with sad eyes, then as she got his attention and looked down at her, she stretched out real long sucking in her teats off the ground and looked tall, lean and proud and stared down the trail with a frown. For some reason, it seemed to work for he reached down and unsnapped her leash from the post she was tied to, and bent down right into her face and looked her keen into the eyes and smiled back with his ever familiar face, but with puffy swollen eyes.
Lucy, started to run after the younger dogs, but stopped to look back from the trail, the man seemed different, for his face was all swelled up and a funny color and as she turned to try to catch up with the younger scoundrels allready so far ahead she thought oh gosh NO, for here out beside of me is running my shadow, so she stopped to try to get the man to call the cat back home, for Lucy knew they would all be gone for days.
to be cont'd
CHAPTER...............6 The English Teacher
Several days and long nights went by without no reports of the hounds, then slowly but surely they started drifting back home one by one and sometimes in two's and threes. Soon, all were safely back penned up , even ole Rowdy and Rosmun, the tuffest of the brood, xcept for LUCY and her Shadow. Lots, of driving the back roads, looking, calling and wishing went to no-avail. Looking at water holes for fresh tracks for a big dog and a small cat footprints went daily as I searched for the missing pair. They had just seemed to dissapear.
Even though 2 months had went by since the red-headed man had entered the night club, Bonnie could sense in me a change and got very demanding on why I acted distant. I told her it was not the fight we had survived but because of the loss of two of my best friends, Lucy and CLYDE. I never in my adult life would have thought I would have gotten close to a darn cat, but I missed him so. I told her I layed in bed nightly late at night listening for him to jump into the swing on the backporch, announcing he was thru with his nightly cat appointments and time to come inside. The old swing made a very distinctive sqweek when weight was applied. So, Bonnie being the lady she was took a snapshot of Clyde lying on the end of the bar she had and blowed it up, had it framed and hung it at one of the bar. He was a grand master, even in his picture. He ruled the place even if he was not present, for all the college cuties brought back pain each night as they asked about thier boyfriend, Clyde the cat. The story was told to each who asked where he went and why he went.
One night at the club several weeks later a young lady and her date started having major dissagreements and were getting kinda loud. Bonnie, quited them down for a little while, but soon the arguement came out again and Bonnie asked ne to intervene. He was a nice enough guy and she was nothing but a lady with class. One could tell with her mannerism, she had been raised in the city from well to do parents. He was a ok dude, even trying his best to be quite and offered to leave but she would not go. So, this situation was easy to handle for I offered them free drinks for as long as they wished to stay, just as long as they kept the arguements down. He smiled, nodded approval and she sulked and pouted.
Three nights later she appeared at the club alone and did not take a seat when first arriving but stopping to stare at Clyde's picture, hanging in it's frame at the end of the bar, where he layed for so many nights. She asked Bonnie about the cat in the picture and was told the story of the mouse cat and how he had become a fixture of the club. "WOW", she exclaimed that is quite a story and to think a man who did not like cats did this. I do not care for cats myself, she told Bonnie.
She was a lady, very tall, very thin, strong jaw line, small boobs, tiny waiste, long legged, big feet and hair that flowed to the crack of her $$$! She had the canny of a big time, big dollar lawyer from back EAST, but a smile with those big green eyes that lit up her face. She did not like cats or even tolerated them for of an instance when she was a child. She taught English in High school in a nearby town not far away. She liked to dance and did this quite well. From east coast swing to boogy wooogie. She had a look that would make every man around wishing, well just wishing. She taught me the big dance, the ball room stuff , with yukky funny looking neckties and I taught her early morning sunrises after camping in a tent on a frosty springtime morning. She said my spailing was horrendous, as I showed her a sunset at the waterfall deep in the valleys behind the house. She said I was crude, rude and not complete and then she kissed me as I launched the boat for a full moon boat ride. She did everything backwards being raised in the city with money, and I returned her kissess.
She became distant saying she was confused, I in turn went fishing and she frowned. I showed how to eat sardines and twinkies for bread with a dill pickle and a boiled egg, big white onion, clove of garlic and she thru up. She, drove a Triump TR-7, a very fast sports car, I drove a old beat up 4x4 pickumup truck. Every, where she went she drove wide open, pedal to the medal, a zigging and a zagging. She saw quality and steadfastness and I saw meadows of golden wheat ready to harvest. Opposites, do come together for some un known reasons, she did not own a pair of jeans. I did not wear underwear. She was educated, classy and very mouthy. Allways had to be her way or the highway. When, she had gas, she went to the ladies room--I showed her the yellow stripes in that road and the curves, the hills and valleys and how a man loves a woman.
We as a couple danced to the wee hours of closing time, listening to Drifters,Credance Clearwater, and Willie Nelson! She slept till noon and at crack of daylight -I went hunting. She told of a weird happening once in her life a few months before. She had a flat on her sports car in a remote area of all forrests. She did not know what a spare tire looked like and waited for some help to arrive. Her nails were more important than tires flat on only one side. She fummed, she pouted--
Two old gentleman stopped to help, she offered to pay them after fixing her flat but with a smile they drove away.
As, she stood there that late fall day, over in the bushes she had seen movement, first a small and then several for not one but two wild animals were moving around. She heard a faint cry more like the mewwing of a kitten and stepped closer to investigate. She found a old dog who had been hit by a car and had limped into the bushes to die. She went closer to see--and watched with deep hurt as the old dog closed the rays of sunlight to never return again. She saw the dog's companion and thought how strange a cat would be lying so close to a dying dog. She stood terrified as the cat wrapped himself around her leg. He was skinny been without food for several days, so she wrapped him in a old blanket and took him to her sister's house 65 miles away. She took down the man's name on the old dog's collar, a telephone number and the words "LUCY"..
She said the night of the argument months before with her date as I approached and asked them to be more quiter. She remembered reading or hearing that name before as I introduced my self and offered free drinks for the night. She knew from the picture over the bar at the club, she was correct. She told me the story as the moon was full at Christmas. She told me where Clyde lived less than three hundred miles away. She called and said meet me in Eureka Springs for the weekend, a 200 mile trip for each of us. And, as the sands of the hour glass so are the days of our lives, she never made it. Her driving and never letting up even in hills, curves and valley's of death, she went away as quickly as she came.....
to be cont'd

n/t

Geez Butch.....where'd you learn to write like this ? Can't wait for the rest. This is excellent !!!:clap:

the crabby old fart is somethin special even if he would disagree;)
The stories go back some years and maybe he will repost more.

n/t

this was almost like reading it for the first time again:D

Thanks for the repost Butch! You are a good story teller with good story's to tell!!