Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Changing the subject from Politics and Christianity to Metal Detecting...

Missouri--Ma Betty

I know many of you have seen these photos before, but I found my disc with my 2005 finds and thought I would repost some of them! God Bless and have a great day in our Lord Jesus! Amen! :angel: Ma

62 Cleaned Coins fount 2-17-05; 2-21-05 Coins and Misc found; 1962 Australia Penny & 1989 Cent Found 4-15-05; Back of cleaned coins found 1-20, 24,25 & 30 2005! Doug's pic and my poem OH LORD I PRAY; and may be a Meteorite...my mother found and was in my inherited items!

Nice finds. That is what I like seeing. I imagine you found tons of stuff when you were able to detect.

Thanks Steve! Do you remember Doug who had the son with all the health problems and passed away while he was on the CMD Forum? He is the one who transferred my poem onto his Smokey Mountain Photo! He is on FB! Too many who used to post on here have gone AWOL and haven't been back for years or just drop in once in awhile and I for one miss them! I would post a lot more of my finds but when I put them on CDs in the earlier years I can't get them to go from WPS (Word processing or file) onto the peg. and etc that is required to post them on here and even on FB. Do you or anyone know how to do that without using Zip, as that doesn't work for me or I just don't understand how to open them up with the Zipper? I don't learn things like I used to do and with the Computer and Net is more difficult to understand so many different ways of using the programs! Have difficult even with photos many times! Grrr! LOL! Will try and use another disc for more postings of my finds, but don't know if it will work or not? God Bless and stay well! Please post more of your finds from the past or now, everyone, and make this forum better to read posts and to post on! Most minds don't remember, or mine doesn't, when photos were shown years ago and with new members, they probably haven't even seen many posts of what was found back to 2000 or before! :angel: Ma

Yeah Ma I miss a lot of the ones who used to be on here. Like Pete, Mohaves, Dobie, Maliguin, DK, Greg in Michigan, and Apache. I know there is a lot more. I enjoyed there post and pictures.

not much younger than you I too have problems understanding & following computer things.
However, the Tinypic site I mentioned in my detecting post is very easy to use. Maybe try it sometime.

I sure do remember Doug & his son Brian.

Here's some Cyclone signs that I collect. They are metal & porcelain and last forever. Anyone else collect these ?

Steve in so la

2up8s2d.jpg

Thank you Travis! Well I have found lots of clad coins! LOL But tons? NO! Did find quite a bit of silver for it was more plentiful when I started :detecting: in 1981 but the detectors weren't nearly as good as they are now! Went from one to another until I had one that worked and lasted...for something always seemed to go wrong and had to send them in for repair or trade them in for another one that worked, hopefully! In Dec of 1994 I bought my White Spectrum XLT and that one was and is the best I ever used and still have it, although I can't go out any more because of my health, I keep thinking my sister could use it and I could be out with her; but so far her place hasn't been sold and she hasn't moved close to me nor able to buy a home where we could be together!

Found a few gold rings, but nothing compared to what most others found who went out all the time and really got good at it or was just more lucky than me! :confused: I tell you the truth it wasn't as much as what I found...I just really enjoyed being out doors and swinging and digging and still miss doing it! I used to wear myself out and didn't know when to quit until too dark to see what was in the holes, so maybe that is why I am like I am now with too many things wrong with me! But I will deal with it, for I sure had fun for a few years and it kept my mind off the divorce and splitting up the family! Hope you get to go out more often, but you are blessed for you sure have a beautiful blue eyed daughter and son! See them on FB because Liz is a proud MaMa! :) Yes, I know we miss those who haven't been on the CMD Forum for years now but it was nice while they were! God Bless! :angel: Ma

Nope, Steve, never found any of those! Maybe a western thing for Cyclone Fences out West! Oh by the way I did find lots of junk and TRASH! :thumbdown: :angel: Ma

Indeed you've done well Ma Betty. Nice finds my friends. I've all but hunted out the park next door so I need to find some places close by to hunt. I admire those who hunt all winter despite the cold and snow. Wish I could but can't handle the cold for very long.

Thanks Bro Martin! And I wouldn't be able to hunt in cold weather any more if I was still detecting, as the cold weather really gets to me since I don't go out much...so never get used to the cold! Used to hunt in both very hot and very cold weather! Hope you can find some more places to hunt that are close to home! We older folks have a more difficult time in getting around and low finances don't help! My sister got her Social Security update and she broke even! After 0.3% raise and the deduction of Medicare payment which is $126 now she gets the same next year as she did this year....guess I will go in the hole for my small SS income will not cover the Medicare increase with the small 0.3% raise! BO and Congress has robbed we Senior Citizens again....4 times no raise in 4 years of his 8 years! As my sister said, She hopes he chokes on all the raises he gave himself and Congress...doubling his salary...and increased retirement benefits for all of them! All I can say he and Hillary will get their dues when they find themselves tortured and tormented in the Lake of Fire, someday, and I hope it is soon! Am I angry? Yes, but the good side is Trump was elected and, hopefully, things will get better for us with him as president now! God Bless! :angel: Ma Will try to post a poem that just about says it all concerning treasure hunting!

n/t

I know, travelling Mike, but all good things come to an end (And even bad ones....Praise God, for if they didn't it would be awful) I've had my time and I am just too ill to continue and haven't since my brother passed away in 2009, he was in bad shape before he died and I was right behind him in being ill but has gotten worse! Thank you for your concern but I am and will be okay, as I have Jesus and His love and mercies is the best treasure that any of us have found and have for our own self! Happy and successful hunting wherever you go and may God keep you safe always! Amen! :angel: Ma