Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cell Phone Headache (beware)

Arkie John

Your cell ever give you a headache? I read that it can maybe give you a brain tumor but I didn't know about the headaches they can cause, so beware.

It seems that the fancier things get the worse they get. For instance: Lil

in my upper shirt pocket. Walked down my pier, and hopped into my daughters boat to check something on the transom. I wasn't half way bent over, when i saw a ca plunk, and saw my new Nextel swimming to the bottom. I now have insurance on my cell, case it gets "lost" ! :D

lifeline to my children than anything, plus I like to have the added security at times. We furnish them to all the family members thru our office, and we do keep insurance on them. Every thing from dropping one in the surgery sink (my daughter) to running over one with the tractor (my husband) has happened. Probably could make some money writing a book.

Hey brother,..........tell the story about Akira and the hookah! ILY, :)

Sorry John but I found this funny and a bit of a relief. I searched for 10 minutes for my truck key this morning only to remember that they were in my pocket! I thought I was the only one to forget such things. Sorry about your phone.

Ah Arkie.. cannot tell you the number of times that I have do similar things.. :):

We are fortunate in that cell phones do not work up here.. So never any problems with them. :):

calm seas

Mikie

I go through at least a phone a year and usually two, working construction. Usually the culprit is water, I've drown them in puddles, drown them in my rain jacket during downpours, drowned one for good down a well and even poured one into the foundation of a building.:crylol: I've looked for a waterproof cellphone but even water resistant doesn't exist. I guess it's the cellphone manufacturers way of creating designed obsolescence.:angry: A cellphone is an essential lifeline to my projects but I always keep them basic as it keeps the cost of replacement down, which of course occurs all too often. People keep pushing me to get one of those Blackberries so I can be more accessible by e-mail, text messaging, voice and data transmission. I just tell'em that I'm too dam accessible already and the cure to being too accessible is the same for all cellphones. When I'm accessibled to the point of distraction I turn the dang thing OFF!!

Cheers,

BDA:cool:
(I'll let you know if I ever find an underwater cellphone, John but don't hold your breath):rofl:

n/t

The cell company wanted $130 to replace my BASIC phone. Geesh! Virginia went down to Wal Mart and bought a $14 TRAC phone (that comes with its own charger), slipped my chip into it and I am back in business like a big dog.

The phone is rugged and does all I need. It should last for a while since I have opted to FISH tomorrow instead of DIVE. :lol:

Maybe I'll dive Monday. :biggrin:

aj

PS Mikie: gimme your address. I'm sending you my soggy old phone. :lol:

Mine spent over twenty minutes at the bottomof my buddy's hot tub. I set it over my heat vent and in about two days it was good to go. I still use it without any function loss.
Fresh water should not harm it as long as the unit never called for power while under water.

distilled water and then air dry will save them and other electronic goodies. That rinse is everywhere they have gotten wet

....I'm gonna start a petition to Minelab to build one that is waterproof and put the purty little blue and green markings on it like my Excal II!

I got me a new phone: $12.00 at wal mart. It's the low-rent TRAC w/ at&t on it. But I just placed my cingular chip in there and hey; I'm back in business only without the speakerphone capability. ( I told you it was low rent) But it works perfectly and sounds even better than my Cingular phone. For 12 bucks...it even came with its own charger. How can you beat that???

Thanks to all who read and especially to those who posted back. From now own, each time I recover a cell phone off the lake bottom, you know I'll have to grin a little. Yeah boy. Thanks again everybody.

aj