Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cell phone and EMI

Elbandido

Any one else have a problem with Smart phones and WI-FI causing problems with there Detectors?
This makes My Micro max Bandido II go crazy.
My Cibola not so much.

Personally, I would have the cell phone off and left in my vehicle if that is the case w/EMI. I don't have a Smart Phone, WI-FI, or 3g, 4g, etc. I just have a simple flip-phone running at 900 MHz that I carry when detecting and also have a pair of wireless headphones running at 2.4 gHz. With all three that I have on, I don't have any problems when detecting . . . All run smooth.

Good Luck,

TC-NM

Elbandido said:
Any one else have a problem with Smart phones and WI-FI causing problems with there Detectors?
This makes My Micro max Bandido II go crazy.
My Cibola not so much.
Only when receiving a call.

yes when i bend down to dig its too close to the box and causes proms

My basic cell phone hasn't caused any problems with any of my detectors.
BB

My phone does not bother it..
I have a friend that i let use my Bandido when we were out and he has a Android with 4G.
And the Detector was going Berserk. At first i thought there was something wrong with the detector.
He finished the day using My silver and it did not do it.
Got home put in a new Battery turned it on and it did the same thing. so i started turning things off in the house.
The more lights i turned off the better it got(CFL) shut my Modem and TV off and the problem went away.
I know it was these items because when i got away from them a distance it would quit also.
There may be something close to this park also as i remember years back i had a detector do the same thing
But it was not constant like the Bandido was.

Yes, cell phones and WIFI will affect detectors. It happens all the time.