Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Caught this Coal Ship entering the harbor this morning...

Ron J

[attachment 53870 Coal Ship022.jpg][attachment 53871 CoalShip028.jpg][attachment 53872 CoalShip031.jpg][attachment 53873 CoalShip032.jpg]so i flew over to Winter Island, in Salem to take some close-ups.There is a power plant in Salem,which serves most of the North of Boston.The vessel is the "Energy Enterprise" out of New Orleans. It amazing two watch the Tugs bring her in,slow her down near the jetty,and then push her stern around,and up to the dock. They have it easy right now,because there aren't any boats at the moorings yet. In the Summer,the harbor master,and assistants would be swarming around keeping boaters out of the way.[attachment 53868 CoalShip013.jpg][attachment 53869 CoalShip015.jpg] RJ

The majority of our salt is transported by ship. The largest we can handle are the 1,000 footers. Lake freighters, for the most part.

n/t

I will write it and post it later.

Those thousand footers are huge. I have been on the bottom of the St Clare River when they have passed over and they are sure scary when seen from that angle! I think ours carry iron ore from lake Superior though. We do get the coal ships