Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Carbon Fiber Travel Handle Older Sunspot Scoop

joelab101

Does anyone make a carbon fiber travel handle for an older Sunspot Stealth sand scoop that uses the 2 u bolts to attach the handle?

Does anyone make a carbon fiber travel handle for an older Sunspot Stealth sand scoop that uses the 2 u bolts to attach the handle?
Try CKG scoops. They have a carbon fiber travel handle that should work. It is not sealed on the ends so water will fill it and it won't float ... but it should allow you to take the handle apart to fit where a non-travel handle will not. Looks like Coob scoops has one too.

I bought a killer old sunspot heavy with u bolts and a solid foot rest its a beast! and It was a closet queen never used!
Mark

Screenshot 2024-06-06 123029.png
Sounds like the beast I use.. Mine came with a wooden handle.

Attachments

• IMG_3175.jpeg
    IMG_3175.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3174.jpeg
    IMG_3174.jpeg
    849.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3173.jpeg
    IMG_3173.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
Same scoop I have, good in the rocky river, heavy but sturdy. Glued a piece of rubber tire tread on the back step so the foot don't slip off when digging in the water.. Marked the back of the handle with a black paint pen so I can easily tell the orientation of the scoop when in deep/murky water...

Glued a piece of rubber tire tread on the back step so the foot don't slip off when digging in the water
I wear NRS ATB wetshoes ... good arch support that I need, foot protection in the water, keeps sand and shells out pretty well and solves the foot slipping off the scoop issue too.

Look real fine to me, I'll have to see if I can find them at a local dive shop or sporting store.. I have been wearing low cut water shoes in Lakes, rivers
and sand...

I wear NRS ATB wetshoes ... good arch support that I need, foot protection in the water, keeps sand and shells out pretty well and solves the foot slipping off the scoop issue too.
Same here I never go barefoot especially in the rivers too murky too much glass rusty metal
Mark

Reactions: tvr