Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT TO THE RESCUE!!!!!

Rob From ND

I found this pin today (5/25/0:geek: in one of the oldest parks in Moorhead MN.

I know what Park that came from. There has been lots of Old Coins found there due to there being house's there long ago. A high grade 1853 Seated Dime came from that Park so you never know what you may dig out of that Park next. Continued Success, Good Luck and HH.

Great find Rob !:detecting:

Great set of wings. I found this reference site just in case you didn't already know what they were.

http://www.otr.com/cm_premiums.shtml

Ther is a lot of trash in that park, but we have dug some good finds out of there too, most people dont have the patience to detect that park.
I know of 2 others that have seated from that park using Minelabs

If it wasn't for them darn frizbee golfer's, I would be back at that Park pounding it since there is a lot of area to cover and great finds yet to be had there. Good Luck and HH.:detecting:

Hart-IN, Thanks for the link. That was pretty cool. James, I actually found it in Memorial Park by the old Fairmont Creamery. I was told that was the oldest park in Moorhead. Although I also remember where some of the houses were at woodlawn park and I hunt there from time to time.

Rob,

Used to hunt that park back in the 70s and on top where the building is we used to find the newer silver and some merc and wheaties, but dont remember anything real old and thought it was around 1939 when it was a park. Now go down the North side toward the river I heard was older down there, but very trashy which make sense as this is where the river boat were and right across the river in Oak Grove park where I got my one and only large cent and know of several seated dimes being found there.

Rick, are you talking about Woodlawn or Memorial park?

Rob,

Woodland is a very old park I understand and a lot of activity went on there. The Memorial park beside the old VFW building is not very old and thought I heard 1939 , but go down the hill towards the river I was told a lot of old houses and business where there before urban renewal. I think there were some area where the river boats docked too. Right across from this are is Oak Grove park on Fargo side and we know that is old with a lot of older coins found there. I tried it one time for a little while but I wasn't able to stay long with the Garrett I had at the time and it was full of trash.Going to have to try it with the Explorer or the Sovereign if I get a chance to get over there.