Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can't wait to try my yard when I get my 2500

I live next door to my dad in a very small community and we both have very old houses. On my house title it says date unknown. I found a 1897 Indian Head penny in my basement last winter while I was insulating a crawl space. Anyways I have found dozens of Wheat pennies , an unkown Token , some silver coins , a couple of Buffalo nickles , and a 1901 Indain Head penny while detecting in both of our yards. The "good signals" have become few and far between lately with my Tesoros. I can't wait to give it a try with my new 2500 when I get it later this week. I'm curious if it will pull up some Goodies that my Tesoros may have missed. I'll keep you posted if anything turns up. Hopefully this above average weather here in Wisconsin keeps up for a little longer. Craig

You'll like the 2500. I found some really nice old coins in our dirt floor basement of our 200+ year old house, and around the yard. Good luck. :thumbup:

This is a true story.
I was detecting my neighbors yard once and got a hit on my Tesoro, mono-beeper. I reckoned it was too weak to mess with - just a blip in the swing, so to speak. A bit later, my son came behind me with a Garrett CX II, a unit my friend had loaned me for a while. He was swinging it and then hollered -
"Hey, Dad! Is it supposed to do this? It's bonging loudly all the time on this one spot and keeps pointing at dime..."

I was sure he had messed with the controls, but said, "Well, dig it and see." I had been over that spot already and knew it was nothing, remember?
After a bit he called me over cause he couldnt find it. ABout 5" down in that same spot a reeded edge popped out. Then I saw arrows and a date... 1842.
I flipped the little grey disc over and saw the word "dime."

Yep, I had walked right over an 1842-0 dime with my trusty Tesoro, thinking it a weak signal. The Garrett, on the other hand, bonged out so loudly on it my kid thought something was wrong with the detector.

It was a defining moment for me. I bought my own Garrett shortly thereafter and have been a Garrett owner ever since.
So we'll see what we see in that yard of yours.

If you had whipped the Tesoro coil back and forth over that target in short strokes you would have gotten a stronger signal worthy of digging. Used to do it all the time with my Tesoros over weak signals. Found quite a few old coins that way, The same procedure as the "twitching" I recommend for Garretts.

Bill

And it didn't take any whipping or special treatment to get it. Clear and loud.

Remember - When a problem comes along you must WHIP IT! I have whipped my detector over an iffy target to see if it's a good one. Every time you "whip it" think of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxH39QlRuhg

n/t

n/t