Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Canadian Silver

Terry

You have to understand I hardly ever find Big Silver in my neck of the woods. I was hunting an early 1900 school yard that was all field except for a row of Very large evergreens. The field was very muddy as it had just been cultivated and sticking to my boots making it hard to walk. I'm sure many of you can relate. Feeling frustrated I went under the evergreens and soon I had a large signal indicating five inches deep. I assumed it was an aluminum drink can or rusted iron object. When I flipped the plug out it was on the bottom of the plug. I still thought it was a lid off a small can or something because it was so shiny. Then my slow brain registered it must be something else because there was a hole in the rim of the so called lid. The face of the coin was somewhat of a mystery as I've never seen it before, but the heavy weight of the solid silver soon had my heart a pumping. As it turns out, its a 1964 Canadian silver dollar and its some kind of a commemorative. I also found some pretty beat up old large pennies as you will see by the picture. This also might be my last post of the year as the temperature is below freezing now and digging is impossible. I'll just have to dream about next year and keep on reading your posts.

Nice finds Terry.....I have found 3 half dollar coins and can't remember what they hit like or how big they sound or pinpoint like....it was so long ago....by the time winter is over there...you may have to relearn it...LOL....Nice finds......HH....Stay warm......:hot:

Even when you think you know that it's a can lid or such you can still be in for the big surprise. Gotta love it! WTG and happy hunting in the spring.GR