Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:canadaflag:NEWBIE UPGRADING

Judy

:clapping:

Well upgrading from my Ace 250 and excited about the future finds with my new XLT. Ordered it and should be in next week. Looking forward to finding some deep stuff after awhile for sure. I'll be reading tons of previous posts and happily waiting to get acquainted with my new machine. Want to shoot for relics! after the freeze-up here in Southern, Ontario. (brrrr) ~ Judy.

Did you order it with an accessory coil? What types of sites do you plan on searching? If I might ask, what were the factors that convinced you to get the XLT?

As for Garrett's Ace 250, I have owned a pair of them and found them to be quite good for the dollar. Better than most of the competition in that price range or a little more even. Unfortunately, I live in an area with very high mineralization and found the factory preset ground balance of the Ace 250, much like many of the competitor's preset models, to be set a little negative and thus it has some problems. Falses a bit too much in some areas. In low-to-moderate ground, however, I was impressed by the depth of detection.

Now to the XLT. This one of my all-time favorite models! It offers a lot of potential, it can be fun to use, and the overall performance (with a custom program) can be a real pleasure.

But you made a comment that concerns me: "Looking forward to finding some deep stuff after awhile for sure."

It concerns me because I've known many people who have bought upper-end models through the years thinking that they would provide an impressive increase in depth. The problem is that their perception of "depth" and how deep they think good targets are is a little errant.

On a positive note, you did qualify your comment by saying: "... after awhile ..." and that suggests to me that you're aware that, in time, you will learn and master the XLT to get more out of it. That's good. All too often buyers think that the simple purchase of a high-dollar model is all it takes to get older and/or deeper coins and goodies.

Enjoy your XLT. Don't rush to adjust everything. Some of the functions should be adjusted to improve performance, and some ought to be left unchanged. Some can be improved with a little adjustment, but a radical change of some features can have a negative impact on the XLT's performance.

Other than a quality set of headphones, the best accessory I feel you could own is a 6

Thanks Monte for the advice and response. Ya, I've read quite alot in the past months and expect to use the factory presets for quite sometime. It will be a learning "relationship". Not interested in tweaking anything, till I can understand the tones, etc. I did like my Ace 250, and was impressed too with the depth I achieved, etc! You can't fault that MD for the price and what it does for sure. I want a MD that could adjust to different locals, etc., as I do travel occasionally.

The comment I made re: "deep stuff" was just a figure of speech. :lol: I would like to hunt for relics and am privy to many locals with permission. Because of this, the Ace could not take me there.

I was told previous to buying, it is a "machine that will grow with you", and expect at least a 2 yr. learning experience with many highs/lows while we get acquainted. I'm not one who hastily makes snap decisions, nor expects any machine to draw me any pictures :lol: I fully expect a great, somewhat frustrating at times, but all around good fun hobby.:thumbup:

females. Too many guys are overly competitive. My favorite hunting friend, Aundrea, started with a White's XLT and she won't part with it. Her XLT and Classic ID have all the bases covered, and she finds a lot with her XLT.

Monte