Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:canadaflag: DIEPPE AUG 19 ; 1942 :usaflag:

Piperboy

TO Day Is The anniversary Of The Dieppe Raid Which Took Place On The Beach In Dieppe France Aug 19 1942.Last Year i Travelled To Dieppe With The Pipes And Drums Of The Essex And Kent Regiment To Honour Our Vetterans From Windsor And Area Who Fought There.At Noon To-day We Will Play At A Memorial To Honour Them Also To Honour The Ammerican Men Who Were Part Of The Regimment Of The Essex Scottish.TheCasualties On The Beach Were Enormous Of The 5;ooo That Landed 3;372Were Killed Wounded Or Missing .I Had 3 uncles Who Landed In the First Wave And Who Were Captured After 8 hrs of The Slauter on That Beach.Our Area Was Hit Very Hard From This Area Alone Over 500 Were Killed In Action.I have met many Veterans And We Will Never Forget What They All Did For us American And Canadian On That Day Aug 19 1942.

for D-Day two years down the road. Many folks do not realize just how brutal it was at Dieppe...with over whelming odds against them, these men still fought as heros. Heros they were indeed! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

an Uncle who somehow survived. he has just recently retired from ranching at 88 years old!
He and my Dad would be telling army stories when i was a kid but it was always anecdotes about guys they had known and hijinks they got into....never a word about the horror they lived through. I now can understand why, they and their comrades were quiet TRUE heroes and did not brag. Much like some here on the forums....I salute them for my freedom and my children and grandchildrens!:usaflag::canadaflag:

Many of the lessons learned on that day were applied to the landings on D Day.

Calm seas

Mikie