Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:canadaflag:Bluenoser's observation

Leslie(nova scotia)

Noticed that quite a few "residents" of the halfway house I work in have turned to the Lord. Just wondering if it is sincere in trying to turn ones life around or a ploy for more time out.

Why is it that folks turn to the Lord in such times and not before they did what they did to end up in jail in the first place? May heart goes out to those that try to improve their lot but my empathy for them is waning....is it I losing faith?

Even run into those I had dealt with as a young constable....institutionalized....I cannot comprehend a life incarcerated!

only God knows who's hearts truly accept Him as their Savior. When one is truly saved his life is changed. They will strive to live a life pleasing to the Lord. They will start to put the past (Their sinful ways) behind them.
One who says "I believe in God", maybe they even pray, but go on living the way they always did. Probably did not truly accept Him as their savior. But as stated in the beginning, Only God knows.

I worked at the Gospel Rescue Mission for a long time and saw a lot of guys turn their life around. And there were others who thought so or bent the truth. But as Mike said - only God knows for sure.

The best one can do is to talk to guys about the Lord and live your life in front of them as a true believer. Steve in so la

Ditto! As Mike and Steve said, only God knows for sure, but whosoever accepts Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord by repenting of all their sins and goes the opposite direction than the way they were travelling will show good fruit as they labor for Him and worship God in Spirit and in Truth....we shall know them by the fruit they bear, but only God knows for sure who are His and who still belong to satan and do his wickedness! :angel: Ma