Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:canadaflag:Bluenoser's deep thought

Hi Leslie! I have an issue with my recently rediscovered Garrett Freedom 3. I read on a. blog in.a google search you might be able to help me? When I rotate the "depth" dial I get a crackly buzzy sound that get very loud as the depth is cranked deeper. The detector has been sitting for a number of years. Do you think this is being caused by an unclean rheostat or is the coil damaged? Any hep would be appreciated and I apologize for posting this here on this thread. PaulinOttawa:canadaflag:

All of the Freedom Models have that problem...take your depth only as far as "where the arrowhead joins the shaft." After that it will crackle and false. Hope that helps as it does the same thing on my Freedom 2, e, and 3 plus! hard to find a Freedom 3 Plus for sale these days and I still use one of mine over the pro which I just use in fields and the UK. I would buy another if I found one.

Thanks very much Leslie! I just bought a Sea Hunter Mark II for underwater, saltwater searching.... haven't used it yet but I want to sell the Freedom 3. I thought I may be able to solve the crackliness... :)

Yes, Leslie, open mouths seem to get us (me) in trouble too often & thinking before we speak isn't used quite often enough in the heat of the moment when arguing seems to prevail--but sometimes the truth needs told whether or not PPL want to listen or not! The Bible does say, There is a time for everything-- even for talking, but we need to know when the best time IS? Ma Betty

Hi again Leslie: My Freedom 3 seems to have multiple personalities. It works fine for a little bit, then it get crazy making all kind of noise that does not really correspond to the surroundings or movement. I can turn it on and it works great for a minute, then I pass over a large piece of metal which sets it off and it goes into that shuddering crackling sound and it won't stop. All this with the audio set at it's lowest setting and the depth halfway to the shaft so fairly low/light setting. It's behaving quite oddly. Would you have any insight? I could try to video it and post it to youtube? It's very confusing. Adding to the story is the fact that this detector has been sitting for many years.... like 20 years.

Use wide open....love mine. Only concern is that it is hard to keep the machine in one place on the belt...…………………….happy swishing!