Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can you help me Identify this thing (coin?)

SeattleALE

Hi,

I pulled this out of an old foundation while visiting Connecticut recently. Anyone have a clue what it could be? It's about the size of a penny, looks like an iron core with a gold colored coat. Once I cleaned it parts started to turn teal green immediately upon drying so there must be copper there also. I have no idea. Maybe an old token, maybe the cap to a bottle of malt liquor! All I can make out for detail are concentric circles, maybe the letters "MURY" and "LI" on the outer ring, and "RICH" on the inner.

Thanks for any suggestions.
SeattleALE

<center> you are looking at the back mark probably Waterbury Rich color
heres some more info and dates for the company

AARON BENEDICT 1812-1823
A. BENEDICT & CO. 1823-1829
BENEDICT & COE 1829-1834
BENEDICT & BURNHAM 1834-1843
BENEDICT & BURNHAM MFG CO. 1843-1849
WATERBURY BUTTON CO. 1849-1965
WATERBURY CO.S Post 1965