Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can we get a new thread started instead of the V3 on ebay one that is dominating?

jtalley007

I would like to know more about your thoughts on EMI or whatever is causing interference in areas that were not bad with some detectors?

I know someone said if you hold it to your waist and it is quiet then it is not EMI but what if you just start lowering the coil from there and you get static that gets worse as you lower it?

The place I am doing well is pretty smooth on 7KHZ but 3 frequency is bad, 3 and 22 are not usable. I did not try turning boost off but did try lowering the gain and that did not help.

By the way I think I have noticed this to be a general problem on all the newer digital machines in the same frequency range but not sure since I have not used other machines at this spot.

Jerry

Thank you Jerry I was getting tired of that post too!

I have one or two spots that are really bad with EMI, but it is whether I hold the detector at the waist or on the ground.

Unlike the XLT and some other detectors, the TX Boost should generally be OFF. You may find that this alone solves the problem. The only time I keep TX Boost ON is in areas where there is already an EMI problem. When I do use it, I need to lower the RX down to around 3 to keep it stable.

Jerry, maybe Larry will move or delete that post. By now most are aware of imitation detectors.

I'm getting tired of it myself, I will close the thread.

Yea, I got some friends reading some things in this magazine about fisher metal detectors, and I'm tired of every time I pick up the magazine, it's turned to the page that they are reading. Now I see what I can do, Next time I can, I am going to tear out the pages with all the Fisher things on the pages and leave all the things I like to read about in them. That should take care of it!

If anyone cares the sellers rating is down the tubes ,I dont see why this forum would want to delete vital information for mostly beginners on this forum who are interested in buying the V3, I think having an alert that helps people understand whats going on is very important , Especially if we have a thief in the community selling fake detectors, I can go the whites forum and its still there This is not a nuisance for me to read ,Just my opinion ..

Nothing has been deleted, all 86 posts saying basically the same thing is still there. Our advise is the same as it has been for the past 12 years I have been with Finds. Support your local dealers and our great sponsors. We are happy to help people with their questions on the V series but if they want to buy somewhere else, that is their business (and problems). This topic belongs on the Feedback forum so I will move the thread there and open it back up.