Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can I use my detector / coils in or near water

newbiehunter

Being new to this adventure and still learning about my old detector, I have a question, my old machine is an old Masterhunter ADS Deepseeker VLF-TR can I use the machine and coils in water or is this a real good way to ruin a great old detector?

Normally I would say yes, but because the machine is old, I have concerns about possible shrinking insulation of the wire going into the coil, and if you get water into it, it won't work very well. I wouldn't personally do it.

Don't put the control box in water.
The coil as far as I know can go in a couple of foot of water but It is not ment for deep water. maybe put some silicon sealer around the coil cable entry point to the coil.

I haden't intended to put the control box in water, but was interested in being able to use the coils in water. I was thinking of like in a stream or around the edges of a lake or pond in the shallow areas. You both gave me the answers that I needed. Thanks. Every day that I can learn something new is a great day. I will eventually buy a new detector but this old machine keeps right on working and keeps finding more things. I figure if I take the time to learn the older machine then when I get around to getting a new one I will appreciate it even more. Using this old machine is kind of like some of the stuff that we dig up, it's a piece of history. I haden't told anyone where I got this machine before but I got it from my mother in law who in turn got it from someone I consider to be an important person in our recent history. My mother in law was married to a man that just died in October. One of his best friends was an early pioneer in the space program and the automotive safety industry. His name was Col. John Paul Stapp. MD. Col. Stapp was the first man that rode the rocket sled at white sands missle range near Alamogordo NM. He did g force research for the areo space program and was very responsible for the auto industry putting seat belts in all of our cars. Col. Stapp is the man that gave my mother in law the detector before he died some years ago. It had sat boxed up in her garage for a long time prior to me finding it. I kind of feel obligated to learn all I can about this old machine. I think It's pretty cool because of it's history. Oh well sorry for the ramble. Thanks again.

[size=large]i was given to think a fellow named tucker created the first seatbelts. also the first safety glass in cars and the rotating headlamp.
a number of safety features that some car makers are claiming they are the first with. the big three auto makers in the u.s. forced tucker out of business because of these features. they didn't want to spend the extra cash to install them.
maybe this col. fella rode a jet sled before the tucker car was made in 1946. there was research on jets going on then.

HH[/size]

1947, he experienced 46.6 g's he also was working on the early ejection seats for our fighter jets. At one time he was named the fastest man alive.

newbiehunter that is very interesting thanks for sharing that with us. I think we all would love to see some of the finds your making with that machine.Best of luck to ya and welcome aboard:detecting:

Yeah Preston Tucker was way ahead of his time and it would have cost the Big Three billions of dollars to catch up with him so they had their buddies in Congress put him out of business. I rode in a Tucker when they first came out. Whatta automobile that was. Had the step-down design that Hudson later copied. The front headlight that turned with the whells that Ford stole, padded dash, crash compartment, pop out windshield, a 586 cubic inch pancake engine, electric shift. They drove it at the Indianaplolis Speedway 24 hours at a speed of 100 MPH and averaged over 20 MPG.

Bill