Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can anyone help id some of these items??

chipmaker29

all these items i have found in my yard in the past 2 weeks with a borrowed Whites QXT. I am new to this have had a blast finding this stuff. my house was built in 1840 and there is tons & tons of stuff in the ground here. signal after signal & i have dug my butt off!! i also have a 5 gallon buck with tons of trashy stuff that i have pulled out in addition to these items. i am gonna keep searching cuz there is so much more i havent dug yet. lookin hard for older coins but havent found any yet other than a 1928 wheatback, buffalo nickel and 2 silver quarters. would like to find some 1800's coins. i am sure some r here though. i am wondering about the bullets too. are they modern or old? i am wondering the age of the caster & hinge that i found as well. i have tried to research the iron/porcelain caster but cant determine approximate age.

if anyone recognizes the objects that i have noted i would appreciate you sharing what they are.

thanks!
Mike

Picture is a little fuzzy for me but it looks like a hoe head, a caster off of a piece of furniture , maybe a copper pipe cap and some 38 bullets? Not sure on the others.

In the top left image, the large ring object appears to be a ring from a wooden barrel, and as Nailbender stated, the item at the top-center of that image is a hoe.

Happy hunting.

Picture 1, on the right hand side middle and picture 3, second item in the top row, those are chain links that run flat over sheet metal. I saw alot of them on conveyors/elevators on the farm. I'm sure they had lots on industrial uses as well.

Hi hipmaker The larg loop is barrel ring.The second is piece of pping.Te third on right is a hoe blade.(NEW). Fourth s a shackle hook.Fifthesa broken chain part.Fifth at btom is unknown.Left bottom picture is First a weightof some sort.Second is another broken chain prt. Third is a cator wheel.(new).The botto right pictureis of 3 bullets.A 2 shll casing an a "possible" cufflik. Although I can't see it that well. Ok Hope tis hels. PEACE:RONB

Picture #1----- Lower right is the end of a Single Tree: the clevis in the center of the photo would be used to connect the double tree to the spreader bar attached to the tongue of a wagon, sleigh, caisson, manure spreader. (Horse Drawn hook-up parts)

Picture #3-----Little wheel, is an olden time caster for wash basin / Thunder-mug stand
And as before stated flat link chain link, could very well come from a manure spreader or some such implement.

What a great yard to play in! Good job on IDs too. The cylindrical object at far left center in pix 2 & 3, next to the chain, looks like the valve stem cap for an old timey car tire. The small cartridge cases appear to be a .22 short and a .22 long rifle. The bullet with the full copper jacket looks like the standard military .45 ACP ( Automatic Colt Pistol), as do the pistol cases at far right. The other two bullets could be home-cast lead for reloading the same, or from some other cartridge like a .45 Long Colt. The longer cartridge cases look like .30-06 Springfield. Almost certainly all from the 20th century.

pic 1- top right is a hoe blade, right side square link thing is a drive chain for farm equipment, center C shaped item is a clevis used to hook wagons and implements to a hitch on a tractor, top left looks like a connecting rod for a small engine. pic 3- long cylinder on the right is a "cow pill" if its magnetic, fed them to cows to help remove pieces of accidently eaten metal from their stomachs, square thing is another piece of drive chain from farm implements.

Pretty much a nice bunch of metal trash with exception to the coins.

Arn't you glad your cleaning out the yard of all that stuff...

MEtal detecting is all about the mystery but sometimes there's no mystery just old metal junk..

Keep hunting.. That Gold 20 dollar piece is waiting for you..