Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Camlock on the shaft

klopek

Anyone know where to get a new camlock for my lightning rod that came with my excal II when I purchased it from Demarco? When I tried tightening it , it split apart . I glued it but it will spin non stop now. I noticed in Clive's book Advanced Field Methods for the Minelab Excalibur: Theory & Practice . He mentions getting them from anderson. I looked on the web site and don't see them listed for sale? Does any one know if I cam take the one of the factory S rod and put it on this lightning rod?

order a brand new one from Minelab. Once they have been glued, they do not re-glue worth a darn. Before you glue the new one together, slightly roughen the surfaces for best adhesion. Use crazy glue. Make sure the pin on the button is facing away from the lower rod

Any minelab dealer should have them

HawaiiMDer said:
i've ordered 10 from Kellyco.

Ken

I'm trying to find a supplier for these - can you tell me how much they cost you per item and total with shipping?

Thanks,
Steve

Well, i received my shipment from Kellyco for the camlocks. They are the type used by Minelab for the excalibur. I wish they were like the ones anderson detector shafts use, but never the less, they work. I paid $3.95 ea for them and bought 10. with shipping came out to $60.00. Very easy to put together, only need to drill out a 7/16" hole in your rod to fit the compression piece and off you go!!!

Ken