Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Camera's to use?

Detector_Pat

Hello, I am new to this site. I am looking for a camera that will show these nice close-up shots like I keep seeing. I have a Nikon CoolPix 2500 but I am not sure if it can take super close-up pic's.
On another note, last weekend, I was detecting with my nephews, and one of them found a ancient axe-head. From what others say, it is over a thousand years old, maybe more. He is real excited, as was I. Anyway, any info about which camera to use, would be appreciated.....Pat

Well, almost. Make sure it has a "macro" (or "close-up") mode, and learn how to use it.
Coolpix 2500 will focus as close as 1.6", which is more than enough for photographing your finds.
But learn how to use it, this is the key, just like with the metal detector :nerd: