Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

camera

harryo

HI Would someone please help me pick out a camera that takes good close up pictures of coins. Any brand or make would be fine. Have a few dollars to spare, would like to spend less than $250.00. Thank you.

I think a lot of people set their finds on a scanner with good results.

A camera with the macro close focusing function is needed. The little tulip icon.

CNet has good camera reviews.

I use a Nikon CoolPix 4600 which is a 4mp camera but don't really give it a high recommendation.
HH

I would suggest a Sony cybershot 7.2 mega pixels or higher. Sony uses Carl Zeiss Optical lenses which are very good. Remember you usually have to also purchase a memory card and rechargeable batteries. Digital cameras really deplete regular alkaline batteries very fast. I'm no camera expert but I like my Sony Cameras and recorders. I would also go to a kits camera or camera store and ask them. They know a little more than the kids at circuit city and Best buy. Good Luck

I could highly recommend it! But the cost is around $600or better. High detailed pics are easy and you get great results if your documenting your finds.

KCK/Ohio

Lots of fairly good camera's out there with MACRO on them for under 200.00. Just shop around a little and I think you will find one that will suite ya!
For the $250.00 mark you might want to check out a FUJIFILM FinePix S700, has MACRO, 10X optical zoom, and a lot of other nice features, is 7.1mp.

Good Hunting.

GaryL ... :minelab::detecting::cam:

I have a few cameras, but my higher dollar digitals are for on vacation. Too big for a pocket anyway.
So for my metal detecting pocket camera, I been using an inexpensive Olympus FE-140. Got it on a dirt cheap sale.
Fits in the pocket, uses 2 "AA" batteries - I use NiMH rechargeable as alkaline gets less shots.
It has Macro and Double Macro.
Just easy to use and if anything happens to it, no big loss.
It has a help guide built right into the camera menu.
Several shooting modes. - I just keep it in auto for a simple point and shoot.
I run it in the lowest quality settings (I think 480 x 640).
For email or post on the forum, the file size is small and it works for me.
I know there are much better but this inexpensive one works ok and I have not had any problems yet.
A few pics on the lowest setting ( I haven't tried a higher setting on this camera yet - it's just my metal detecting camera).
[attachment 82971 FamilyPhoto.JPG]
[attachment 82973 12-27Cortes.JPG]
[attachment 82975 07-A.JPG]