Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Calvin's Story

Dan-MO

I have a long time friend who has owned a used car business in the small town I live near for several years. If you were to stop by his business you might notice an elderly man by the name of Calvin doing odd jobs around the place-simple jobs like taking out the trash, washing the cars, cleaning the office etc.

Calvin has worked for my friend for as long as most people can remember, but most people don

these are story's that need to be told. The average Joe. A person may not be the brightest person around but he does not have to be bright to be honest and a good person.

Thanks for posting his story

it's usually people like him that teenage a-holes like to mock,don't mean to bring up negatives,just that your story brought an individual to mind,i'm glad he's found a measure of success in life.

"Everyone has a story to tell." Your story about Calvin is a perfect example...a quiet man, who did an honest deed many years ago. Calvin, a man that walks to work everyday, a man doing an honest Day's work for an honest wage. Dan, your description about going to town on Saturdays is so true...sad, but Wal-Mart has destroyed small town American life as we knew it. Those were some good days and your story brought back some good memories...thanks for posting this story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

In his own way, I'll bet Calvin is far happier and secure in himslef than many you and I know. To quote the famous Forrest Gump, "Simple is as simple does".

out there. Just waiting for a chance to prove themselves. All it takes is someone to recognize their abilities. Thanks for sharing "Calvin's story" with us! Good to see ya back Dan!

Dave

n/t

in more ways than one!I think most small towns have a "calvin" and while some people may dismiss them as "mentally retarded", I have found them to be very friendly and helpful. Blessings to your friends who helped support him and give him a chance in life. There is too little of this going on today.

Speaking of Walmart, me and Janet are boycotting them and avoid them at all costs. They are the ruin of our small towns, but the last straw was when they decided to say "Happy Holidays" in stead of "Merry Christmas" this past year.

While they used to be cheaper than most because of selling by volume, it looks as though they are constantly going up on their prices since they have cornered the market.

I still like to visit our downtown area, still am acquainted with many of the shop owners who depend on people like me. I may have to pay a bit more, but it sure makes a difference when they say, "Hi there Linda!" Do you think anyone at Walmart even knows my name?? And to top it off, they could care less! I like personable people, therefore the boycott on Walmart!

Thanks for sharing the story about Calvin, and I am sure he will be rewarded for his "simple way of life". He is the exception to most people in this day and time! :)

Though they are few and far between, it makes them ever more special.

The world would be a different place if everyone had the conscience and the work ethic of Calvin.

I equate the conscience of a man to that of a smoke detector. It tells us of danger...a warning device, placed in each of us by God himself. The trouble is that so many people have take the batteries out of the detector, becoming calloused to the ways of this "modern" world.

Less is more...certainly in Calvin's case. He sets the standards of yesterday and may not even know it.

Thank you so much for sharing this story. It made my day. <>< (Gal:5:6)

aj

n/t

do not hear from him for a long period of time? The members of this Forum are very special folks to each other...tight knit group! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)