Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Call me extinct but I still love my 6000 DiProSL.......ANALOG :)

Jack/Ca

Just wish I had more time to use it. :wave: Anybody else still using the analog version or am I alone? :detecting:

The XL PRO has the XLT power and a meter your brain is the computer.
With that said the XL PRO has a better computer then the XLT.
But how that computer works will have an output on the XL PRO.
I my hands the XL PRO will will setup and find stuff faster then the XLT
I LOVE THE BEAST. I had the 5900 for a long time.
I upgraded to the XL PRO and if I had to replace it I will get the deeeep hunting minelab 3000 or 3500 and dig to China.Go to www.firstontop.com click on the XL PRO to see some of my stuff.

The IDX works great, maybe its a 6000 with digital ID? Would be interesting to know if one of the modders has tried or even considered trying an analog meter on one.

I doubt you are extinct nor alone.......

it would be useless to do so.

The IDX & IDX Pro, just like so many Target ID models from various manufacturers, uses a 'segmented' type display. These have been used in analog TID circuits form years, too.

The XL Pro and the former 5900/6000 Di Pro SL series utilized a large, free-floating meter display that allows the needle to settle where it should based upon the signal it is given ... for the most part.

Segmented display models, be them analog or digital, will put the 'segment block' or 'needle' at a predetermined position as long as the signal strength is within certain parameters. If the 'reading' is just a little less or more than that 'segment' requires, then the 'prompt' or 'needle' will jump up or down to the next segment.

Thus, the 8-segment IDX/IDX Pro would produce an analog needle reading that would jump to one setting to represent that segment.

Yes, the XL Pro and former analog White's models were very good, but I just suggest you keep using them for what they can do ... and add an IDX Pro top you arsenal for its strengths. :)

Monte

Either the segment block is on the detector board OR it maybe its in the display board.

Because you are very familiar with the IDX I trust your input that the logic is on the detector board.

Too bad, eh ?

..... I absolutely enjoy it. That and my MXT are a great combination for me. I am mulling over picking up a XL Pro but don't think I will pull the trigger on one unless the price is too good to pass up.

I really like the 5900. Very good machine and I really enjoy the ability to make changes manually vs. digitally(read touchpad). I did not think that would be such a big deal but it has proven to be a great and unexpected pleasure during my hunting.

but, SADLY, I don't think it would go over all that well. Not in this modern world of digital this and digital that.

Besides, I don't have a bit of problem with the display used on the IDX Pro. It is an extension of the Discriminate circuitry, and if you use ANY visual TID for "discrimination purposes", then they just have to help identify 'trash' or 'rejected' targets.

For me, that is pretty simple. I set the discrimination to reject shallow/surface iron nails and if the IDX Pro (or any TID model) registers with a solid 'Iron' ID, then it has done its job.

Any 'up-scale' reading is simply a bonus. There are exceptions to relying on a 'lock-on' Iron ID but for the most part the IDX Pro provides all that I really need to have.

Want to have, well .... but it is the 'NEED' to have that is most important, and the IDX Pro circuitry works quite well.

Happy Hunting,

Monte

The 6000 Di Pro SL has been my detector of choice for many years. The 5900 is just as good. The analog meter once learned will give you information about certain targets that no digital can. There are certain little tricks you can use with that little needle that will help pull targets out that others have missed because of target masking or depth. It's the best detector made where you have to be selective in your digging. I know almost 100% of the time it's silver before I dig it.

Its a pity that the 'new technology is best' crew don't devote a few days to trying out either detector in the field where it counts. The upside is its now possible to buy one of these great machines for the price of a bottom of range new detector.

n/t

the XL Pro is being dropped from the line-up. I wish they would keep it because there is a big following for this detector. I use an MXT for relic hunting but when I do go coin hunting, the PRO is dead-on as far as the ID is concerned.... Awesome machine.. truly the best analog machine ever made... Richardntn

As many of you, I like the knobs and the analog meter. And, I think one of the best, if not THE best discrimination circuits ever made. If you are looking for a bargain, I wouldn't wait too long. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the prices actually went up instead of down. Remembering how fast the CZ-5 series disappeared once it was discontiniued, you might be too late already. I know when I called around to the distributors Wednesday, they were few and far between. I feel very fortunate to have purchased two of the last of what may go down as the best coin shooter ever made. At least in my book. HH Randy

I asked my distributor to talk to White's when he was there about not dropping the XL Pro from the line-up. They will be "rarer than hen's teeth" and demand a premium before long.... IDX Pro's are gone from the line-up too..... Richard Backwoods Detectors