Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Caffeine

Nauti

I've been drinking far less tea just lately which means that my caffeine intake has dropped significantly.I'm shocked at the way I feel right now,lifeless and heavy headed,i did'nt realise what an effect this substance has on your body.I love drinking tea and I am finding it hard to keep my intake down to minimal amounts but I will find the strength.
I realise now how hard it must be for people to give up smoking and it gives me a new admiration for those who have done it so well done to anyone that has.

To combat that same problem (of too much caffeine), I have gone to herbal tea & more especially de-caffeinated Green Tea w/various sub-favors. Green tea is really good for you &, among the added favors, I prefer Pomegranate blended with the Green tea. Give it a try.

Neil I will concur with Martin on this one. I quit coffee cold turkey 5 months ago and it was the worst 3 days I've had in a while. I pray that you can slowly overcome the need for caffeine. Have a Blessed weekend.

Haven't drank caffeine in years and it never really was that hard for me to give up. We still enjoy tea and coffee, and I can tell no difference in the decaffeinated products taste. Every so often, I will have a can of caffeinated soda, but for the most part, I really don't mind drinking water. Much healthier!! Hey Martin, can you recommend a particular type of green tea? I have tried drinking it several times and haven't found anything I like.

I won't give up my one cup of coffee a day...love the taste with honey and half & half, along with the morning boost. I use one of those French presses with dark roast coffee. Every once in a while when I have many chores to complete, I'll have a welcomed cup in the afternoon.

Tried to quit once, had a headache for two days.

Well I can see I forgot to log out and Liz posted under my name again. Because I drink a lot of caffeine and I know I shouldn't. I really like my ski.

Steve, when I was told to stop drinking caffeine, I cut back slowly. Over a one week period I think. This may sound crazy and believe me when I say I am not a naturalist by any means, but I actually have more energy after cutting the caffeine. Caffeine is very dehydrating the the system. When I cut back on caffeine, I started drinking more water and actually feel better. Some people say they can tell a difference in the taste of decaf, but I don't. That being said, I only use New England brand coffee and Luzzianne tea. I have always wanted to try a French Press for my coffee....

It does not have near as much as coffee which I do not drink.

That would be the way to quit, 4Ever, slowly. I drink water all day and with meals, never soda, but I will have an occasional cold beer in summer.

even begin drinking coffee until I was 30....if you drank mom's coffee that was strong enough to get up and walk out of the coffee pot you would have known why...but dad drink it strong and worked day in and day out and mom, too, but she didn't drink as much and used cream in hers....dad always said that mom put a little coffee in her cream! :blink: I drink coffee cream in mine and can't stand the black ;stuff! Yuck! :) :angel: Ma

I drink Coffee. Hot, Very Strong and Straight. No cream or sugar to mask the flavor. I will continue to do so until My Doctor tells me to quit or until God condemns me. So far neither of those has happened. I do cut the amount of caffeine by using half decaf grounds.

an occasional soda (which I didn't grow up drinking...being we were poor and when we had any it was a treat) or a couple of cups a coffee a day is my entertainment! :) Wish I could go :detecting: again though and could go to church with my sister, as I do miss being in the Pentecostal services! :thumbup: :angel: Ma

God bless.

I don't drink coffee. Never have. I like to smell it but can't stand the taste of it. I suppose I do drink too many sodas but I've never felt convicted over it. I don't smoke but I know a lot of people who struggle with trying to quit. I wish my son would quit and I keep praying for that to happen soon. When I changed careers a few years ago I started working with criminals and addicts. I deal with drug addicts every single day and some of them really struggle with trying to stop doing drugs, even when it sends them to jail time after time and they, in some cases, lose everything they have. Being an addict is a tough place to be in.

Lisa

Ma, I only add cream when the coffee is bad! I didn't start drinking coffee until my late 20's either and I just like the taste. Never felt convicted about drinking the caffeine, but I've never really drank much caffeine. Mom never kept anything caffeinated in the house growing up and I never got the habit. Plus, my Dr. said my heart palps and endometriosis would be less bothersome if I would totally avoid it. He was right! I sure can tell it if I fall off the wagon!

he like his coffee and also tea all day long! Shook a lot...I wonder why? :blink: But he did have the same thing dad had.....Emphysema and the disease which makes your hands and arms shake until you can hardly feed themselves! At times, I just cannot remember the names of people, places or things! :cry: But you know what I am talking about I'm sure! When God convicts me of caffeine I will stop drinking it, but until then it helps me to keep going; otherwise, I wouldn't be good for anything! :sad: I love Jesus and He knows it! May God Bless and have a blessed day! :angel: Ma