Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Buttons...Bullets....Stuff

Dan(NM)

I was able to get back to my honey hole again today. I'm in an unusual situation in life that allows me to hunt more than I normally would, so.......Off I go to try and round up a few more relics while I can. The morning just sucked!! I dug nothing but trash with an occasional percussion cap and a piece of lead here and there. I told myself I would move to another spot and if the trend continued, I was outta there. Fortunately I was able to meander to a hot spot that finally started to give it up and was able to salvage the day. Most of the finds came within the last couple of hours of the hunt and I left feeling very gratified and tired!!! I scored what I believe are 2 Confederate ringtail Sharps, but, I could be mistaken. I'm loving the Nox for this kind of hunting.

My settings were:

Nox 800

Park 2

11" coil

GB 0

Recovery 6

Iron Bias 0

2 Tones

Tone break -9 to +8

Sens 21

Disc -9 to 0

Nice score in the buttons and bullets never found a 3 ringer but lots of musket ball

So that's where I left that sardine can. Looks like you worked hard for the finds. That is always impressive to me. Great job.

Way to persevere. Sharps are my favorite bullet to dig. Enjoy the location. These types of spots are getting harder to find every year.

Thanks for sharing.

jimmyk in Missouri

jimmyk said:
Way to persevere. Sharps are my favorite bullet to dig. Enjoy the location. These types of spots are getting harder to find every year.

Thanks for sharing.

jimmyk in Missouri

Thank you. Believe it or not, the guy who showed my buddy and I this spot quit hunting it because he said he quit finding stuff here ??? We tried to talk him into getting a Nox, but he said he didn't want to take the time to learn it lol.

Nice saves.. Congrats..

Dan, Great hunt and saves on the Ringtails, buttons, and all the relics. Is that a carved cross from lead I see? Perseverance paid off on this site big time. Keep at it, there still may be some relics about. You are doing well with the Nox. Continued Success to you.