Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Button

On the button is the British Royal Coat of Arms (see below)

Crest.jpg

The Royal Arms can be dated by the crown on the top. Above is the queen's crown of Elizabeth II (1953- present). The crown on your button is a King's crown, used by Edward VII and George IV from 1902-1952. For more information on the Royal Coast of Arms, see the link:
http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page831.asp

I see two examples where the Royal Coat of Arms is used on a button like yours. The first is Royal Household Full Dress (Royal Coat Of Arms)
J5J698.jpg

The second and far more common would be the General Military Service button worn by British forces during WWI and WWII
General Service - Royal Arms 1902-1952 KC

J2E847.jpg

Canadians wore the same button on thier Field Service Tunics during WW1, and remember many Americans joined the Canadian Army during WW1 before the US got involved..when one goes through the lists you will see many Americans joining up in Canada from 1914 on.
Dean

...I've dug quite a few General Service buttons from WWI, but they all had the garter like this...

J2E629.jpg

To the best of my knowledge that button you show is WW2..and it is also a General Service button..I have seen many WW1 Canadian Made and British made tunics worn by Canadians but I have never seen your button on one of them..just the type shown in the first photo.

Dean