Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Busy week again, playing new grandpa, and

George-CT

getting ready for out races this weekend with motocross. Add those into the normal chores and its a full day and evening. Actually saw sun today. Should dry out the lower lot so I can finished mowing it. The rest if just helping others who don't have as much free time as I do. ON the other hand, I'm not sure how I found time to work all those years with all this fun stuff that needs doing.

The new grandson is doing very well as are the parents. With all the family up to my sons place, time goes by fast and before you know its time to come back and feed. Was just out on the back porch and the coyotes were giving us a evening serenade. These things breed like rats it seems. Got to get on the reloading press for the .222. Have a nice load with 3031 Dupont that does the trick on them. I see more and more on TV of them grabbing cats, dogs, fawns and anything else they think they can handle.

Thats about it from Northeast Connecticut. Not much detecting in the water up this way. All the ponds, lakes are way up, rivers to fast right now. Never saw this much water around these parts this late in the year. Still a lot of farmers that can't get at their hay. All the low spots are small ponds.

Oh yeah, found another picture here for Mikie. Looking at it it looks a little like his area but I don't think they made it to the pacific.

Take care.

george-CT

Your hay fields are so wet that you can not get to the grass to bale, where as we are so dry that we do not have any grass to get to for baling.

I read an article on coyotes the other day that confirmed what I have noticed for a number of years. Coyotes are getting just a tab larger, and are now on occasion hunting in packs rather than in pairs...thus becoming more dangerous in destroying livestock.

My favorite coyote rifle is a Remington 700 in 22-250 caliber. Prior to that, I used a Remington 700 in .222 caliber. I like the longer and flatter reach with the 22-250 and I think it is just as accurate as the .222. Kelley (Texas) :)
[attachment 134609 Wolf.gif]

I think that there are about 500 fires up and running right now. http://bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Fires.asp

The temps have been in the 90s every day... and I am not used to that. So I get up at around 6, do my chores and whatever else has to be done and quit around 10 in the morning. That is when the heat starts up. Then I hide in the shop or the house and wait until it cools. :):

I love the picture George. The Vikings were great seafarers... but, no, I do not think they made it here.

And I put this pictures in just because I liked it. :):

[attachment 134649 cateagle99.jpg]

Calm seas

Micheal

that it made it to 90. Getting a little warm weather here now,but no 90's in 3 months, YET. Lost of rain for sure.....More coming down now and should go all night and tomorrow morning. Didn't help our race any today on spectators. Riders who are racing for points will ride in anything, but spectators, no fun for them. I just knocked down a lot with the mower in light rain, where I could move around on the high spots. Low areas I just start spinning with the zero turn.

I like that eagle on the porch...Is that on your porch? Beautiful bird for sure....their feet amaze me....

Stay out of that heat. My buddy in Washington State is saying the same thing. To hot for him....

George-CT

I took a route thru some nice farms that are on high ground and the fields were really a beautiful green. Like and idiot I didn't take a picture and it was in my saddle bags, but I will this week. Here we are flooded out, and others got zero. The ground is so saturated here that it just puddles up. Just this am, I was trying to cut a lot by the house here and got stuck twice before I got smart enough to stay out of the low spots. It's raining here now again, and big storm for cast for later today and tonight. There was a story on TV yesterday about Texas and the drought they are going thru. It was talking about the aquifers and lack of grass for cattle. Think it was RFD channel...I like that program...

Yeah, the coyotes last night started calling, and they were scattered around us. They located where each other was and went quite for abit, then about 11:00 pm they started up again and had moved in closer than they were. One group with pups in close as I could here them yapping like crazy. I have a 22-250 also, but its an older Morseberg a friend gave me. Heavy sucker with bull barrel, bolt action. Tack driver for sure but heavy gun for just walking around in the woods. I keep it set up upstairs and use it off the balcony as I can see the fields from there down by the barn. My .222 is in a Ruger #1 single shot that I really enjoy shooting and also in a single shot Thompson Contender Pistol with a scope on it. Fun gun to shot, major muzzle blast as that 10 inch barrel is to short for what the shell was intended for. Distracting to see that flash so close to your face. Its taken out a lot of woodchucks. I like small bore shooting. Cheaper to do, very accurate as you well know. Really not a lot of long range shooting in these parts for the most part. At least not like you have down in Texas.

Well, better get back to the club as practice just ended and we have a full afternoon of racing.

George-CT

not just for "this day" as the media likes to hype:rolleyes: but all time highs and temps well over 100 degrees which have never been seen here on the coast. Would not be a big deal if just one or two days but it has been weeks of this now.

The lowest flows ever in many rivers and streams would make for really awesome gold panning opportunities but i can't go yet, still not ready at all for that kind of work and even if could all back roads are closed due to fire hazard.

The coyotes today are not the coyotes of 50 yrs ago. Back in the '50s there was a coyote eradication program that used a poisoned scent bait called 1080. That stuff was scattered by air all over the west. The scavenger coyotes ate it & died, but the larger, live-killer coyotes ignored it. What it did was improve the breed. By killing off the scavengers, the live-killers were left to breed. The result was a larger, smarter--& more dangerous--coyote population.