Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bush Fires Today

C. Nyal de Kaye

Our oldest son works for the Rural Fire Service in our State. He is a Fire Controller and is resposible for many firefighters.

He has to devise tactics to fight our raging fires and use his "troops" in the best possible way to save homes, and keep his men safe. It is a tension filled job. Sometimes he has to fly over the fires in a helicopter in order to get a better picture of the event. This worries me.

I was talking to him an hour ago and he is quite nervous today, and he is very experienced in these matters.

There is a massive fire running in the mountains, homes will be threatened today and he has men everywhere trying to bring it under some sort of control. He said, "I think we will lose homes today." He rarely says things like that.

The weather forecast is not good, extreme temperatures, very low humidity and high wind are expected. This is exactly the sort of weather we DON'T want.

So, dear friends, please ask the Lord to give Rod wisdom in his decision making today, and to guide his thoughts and give him peace. Rod, by the way, is a fervent believer and a wonderful son.

Thank you.

Abba Father we come to you today to pray for a hedge of protection over these firefighters and their families. We also pray for torrential rains to abate this raging fire. We thank you for hearing our petition Abba Father. Amen.

Sgt. Silverman said:
Abba Father we come to you today to pray for a hedge of protection over these firefighters and their families. We also pray for torrential rains to abate this raging fire. We thank you for hearing our petition Abba Father. Amen.

Amen, standing in agreement!

There are now over 60 fires in our State now (it's 1.35pm) and several of them are major, including the one I mentioned earlier.

People are being evacuated and Emergency Shelters are open.

We live over 50 miles from the fire, but our skies are full of smoke and it's unpleasant outside.

The winds are very strong, temperature high (90+F) and the bush dry due to drought.

It's going to be a horrible afternoon.

Great panic here. A new fire has errupted just up the hill from our house. Dense smoke, sirens screaming, helicopters bombing the fire.

Whilst I was reading Ma's message above, I got a call to go and evacuate the grandchildren. Hence my cryptic message above.

Anyway I got the kid's out just in time as the school is now in lock-down and none of the kids can now get out, but our three did. That's one advantage in having their father managing everything. We got early warning and acted quickly.

The kids remaining at the school will be safe enough, it's just that no one can go there to get them out now.

Two houses have been lost already in this new fire, and many more are under threat.

It is shaping up as a black afternoon. May the Lord give Rodney wisdom in all the decisions he must make.

Thanks for your prayers everyone.

UPDATE
We live at the base of the Blue Mountains.

Standing in our front yard we can see dense smoke is billowing up from behind the ridge.

The sky is blue if I look to the south, but black with horrible swirling and evil looking clouds in the west and north.

Water bombing helicopters are flying over our house. The scene is quite bizarre and very scary to the kids.

Many houses have been lost in the last hour, but no injuries reported so far. It is now 4.00pm, miserably hot and windy.

All in all a very unpleasant outlook.

n/t