Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bummed

kodiakusa

well I'm one bummed newbie !! used my quick draw ll oh maybe about 5 times, now I have to send it back to first Texas to fix it,,, I'm not a happy camper ! I'll probably not see my detector all summer !:thumbdown: HH all....

cheers, kodiak.

I just got my Land Star back Yesterday from First Texas...9 days from the time I sent it on Morning of March 5th till March 14...Not bad!!!...They replaced the Motherboard, locking collar, batter compartment door, plug recepticle and tuned machine to my coils...Works like a champ...to bad it looks like rain today...

HH,

BH-LandStar

[quote BH-LandStar]I just got my Land Star back Yesterday from First Texas...9 days from the time I sent it on Morning of March 5th till March 14...Not bad!!!...They replaced the Motherboard, locking collar, batter compartment door, plug recepticle and tuned machine to my coils...Works like a champ...to bad it looks like rain today...

HH,

BH-LandStar[/quote]
Are you going to continue abusing it by constantly turning it on and off 3 times before you let it settle down? Or did that have nothing to do with the probems you sent it in for? :biggrin: :surrender:

No...turning it on multiple times had nothing to do with the problems...It probably put unnecessary wear on the knob though...The board had an intermittent connection somewhere, and they decided to just replace it, rather than trace down the bad part...The rest was all my doing...turning the locking collar too tight, and not being careful on how I put the battery door back on...the plug receptacles just wear out after being plugged and unplugged all the time...I could have replaced that myself if I wanted to....Going out today to Wood's Field, so will let ya all know what she does now...

HH,

BH-LandStar

If you can afford it, buy yourself a backup detector. You can buy a
nice litle Ace 250 for $199 or an F-2 for the same money. Both are good detectors.
I have two detectors and about to add another one to my collection.
RR