Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bullet and Indians from local park

Chiloquin

Still can't believe I found a Civil War bullet in a local park. The park in located in Danville, Va two blocks from the last capital of the Confederacy. I guess it's no surprise that they likely camped all over the town to protect the capital. I know very little about these bullets, so any help with the ID would be great. Found the IHs in the same part of the park as the bullet along with a pile of clad. The badge was in a different part about three inches down next to an old tree. Does anyone know what the symbol is on the badge?? This is a trashy park with lots of bottle caps and pull tabs. I was using Deus Fast and was able to really pick through the mess and pull up some nice stuff. No silver yet, but I suspect it's hidden in the trash. Thanks in advance for the help and HH.

Mike

Detroit Redwings (Hockey) logo. BTW, nice pair of Indians and CW bullet. I find some old bullets but never a 3 ringer here in MI yet.
Even the sports parks have dirt brought in for some amazing relic finds.

Looks like a dropped bullet 56 or 58 caliber 3 ringer. Likely Yankee but could be confederate. They used any thing they could get.

Jason

@Jason, Danville, Va was the last Confederate Capitol. This park is in an old part of town with lots of Victorian houses about a block from the Capitol. Just got to wonder whether Northern troops marched through here to take the Capitol. Thanks Bart. Love the Indians too. HH, Mike