Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bryce - What's your go to machine??

Hi Bryce. In your Bio I see that you have the SE , Explorer II , and the E-Trac listed as your detectors used. Which one do you usually reach for when you go detecting or does it depond on the site that you are searching or type of detecting ( Coinshooting , Beach , Relics , ect... ). that you are doing?? Just curious. I recently got an SE and I am very pleased with it. Thanks , CoinShooter-Craig

SE...just because I have spent a gazillion hours learning it's language in heavy iron.

Most people don't like how it speaks to them in the iron...but I have learned to have some meaningful conversations there:bouncy:

If it wasn't for the all metal pinpoint feature the SE has...I would find myself using the EX 2 more...but I sometimes find myself crippled because the EX 2 does not ID in all metal pinpoint.

I use that feature as the the third and final decision maker on whether or not I dig.

#1: SOUND

#2: Cursor placement or "flutter"

#3: All metal pinpoint ID

To be honest...some days I will grab whichever machine I'm in the mood to dance with :clapping:

[attachment 168244 detectorpic.jpg]

I couldn't even fit all my coils and shafts in the pic:crylol:...but I did manage to fit my NEW CZ21 with hard case in as you can see.

I have dream of beach hunting some day...and I hope in the future I will get to do some.

I don't relic hunt...and have never had the pleasure of beach hunting yet...but what I do as often as I can is...deep coin hunt.

Around here all the coins left are either deep... or they are masked by iron or hidden in trash.

Some days I want to hunt with an old friend...the EX2

Some days I want to hunt with the machine that's found me 500+ silver and 200+ Injuns' in the last 3 years....the SE.

Some days I want to hunt with a new friend...the E-Trac.

Back to your original question though...my go to machine is the SE.:thumbup:

Bryce - Thanks for the in-depth answer ~ Always the best kind in my book! Sounds like the SE paid for itself a couple times over with all those silvers and Injuns that you dug with it. I had an E-Trac a while back and I dug tons of rusty nails with it and got fed up with it. I know that you are always going to did some rusty nails , but the e-trac made them all sound worth checking out. I've dug way less rusty nails with the SE and I really like it. I bought mine used from backwoods and it only came with one coil ~ the SEF 10x12 ~ Which I love by the way. I do want to buy another coil for it fairly soon , so I was kinda wondering ~ If you could only have two coils for your SE which ones would they be?? If we didn't live so far apart ( I live in Northern Wisconsin ) I'd love to do some detecting with you and learn some of your secrets for hunting in heavy iron , because I still struggle with that somewhat. Thanks again and happy hunting!! ~~~~ CoinShooter-Craig

Craig....you're more than welcome.

As for a second coil...I would say a small one to sift through the trash with.

It's unbelievably tedious...and boring...but you would be amazed at what a good small coil will pick out amidst heavy trash....IF you have the patience for it.

Super dense trash...Sunray X-5

Heavy trash/great depth....6" Excelerator.

4.5" x 7" Excelerator....I'm testing it right now...so the verdict is still out on it. (I LOVE it so far:))

Why did I not mention Sunray X-8 and SEF 6 x 8????...because I consider them midsized coils...and I feel as well as the 10 x 12 separates....my personal opinion would be a small coil for a second choice:thumbup:

A lot of fellers' would probably say a stock sized coil...and a midsized coil for a second one...like the Minelab 7.5"...SEF 6 x 8...or Sunray X-8.

Nothin' wrong with a stock size/midsized coil combo either...and trust me...the Sunray X-8 and the SEF 6 x 8 are both super coils as is the Minelab..

It's all a matter of personal preference.

As for hunting sometime...if you ever make it to central IL...give me a hollar and maybe we can pound some already depleted parks.

I enjoy the challenge of squeaking out just one more keeper each time back.

Bryce - Thanks for the advice on a smaller coil for trashy sites. That's what I was thinking ~ Just wasn't sure which ones to consider. Richard from Backwoods gave me an invite to come down and detect with him for relics , but I used up most of my vacation for this year. Maybe next year if I'm able to head down to Tennessee to hunt with Richard I can make a stopover in Central Illinois and do a park hunt with you for a half a day. Thanks again for your insightful answers - always a pleasure to read them. Happy Hunting and leave a silver or two in the ground for me if I can make it down to hunt with you - I'll understand if you don't - Lol. :thumbup: