Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Brothers and sisters, GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!....

warthog

MARCIA and I was going thru some stuff today,and she found an old lead lined fire box, she had....Inside, was some AMAZING THINGS:She had a Christmas card from her grandparents,postmarked 1952.....The card had slots, on the outside,to put coins in:The coins were MWECURY AND EARLY ISSUE ROOSEVELT DIMES,in the slots, ten slots in all.The Mercs were dated 1930, 1937,1939,1941,1943,2-1944, and Roosevelt dimes, 1-1946,2-1950....No idea on mint marks, the card is so fragile, I thought I'd wreck the card trying to get the dimes out. To check. Also, in her baby book, is taped a 1946 Walking Libery half.....I about fell out of my chair, when Marcia handed that card to me, the stamps on the envelope might be valuable, too.....:surprised:.......NEVER, , have I seen another Christmas card like this one...........:thumbup:

A great find --God is good! He & Marcia gave you a big nice surprise today! I am 82 & I have never seen a card like that to place money in as baby gifts or any other gifts! Congrats on hitting the jack pot with Marcia! :thumbup: Ma

Wow! That's so awesome! I'm very happy for you both! :yikes:

All common date coins but still silver! :thumbup: