Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Broken Pro-pointer!!! Help!!!

Hey guys. I was in a hurry tonight to get out before dark. I was fumbling around when I heard a "THWACCCKKK!!!!" on the floor... the concrete floor. Sure enough, my PP fell from atop my chest freezer. It still beeps, and the LED still works. But the vibration that is ever-so-helpful has ceased. I am devastated. I rely heavily on the vibes because I put tape over the speaker to make the PP totally waterproof.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get this fixed? Has anyone done it themselves? Please help. Thanks!!!

Looks like a Garrett repair job !

:usaflag:You just need to call Garrett. They will give you an address to send your pro-pointer to. I had to send mine out about a week ago. Hopefully will have it back soon. Have'nt heard anything yet though.

hi, hope this helps: I took mine to the beach, and after each day before going to the hotel I cleaned it in salt water but re-wash it at the hotel. after the third day the on/off button became stuck, so I just took the battery off and left it in the bag until my return home. Once at home I dissaembled it in order to wash it in tap water and put some oil. Unfortunatelly the on/off micro-switch came appart and could not re-assemble it. First warning: before puling the board out, push the on/off button so it does not get stuck and break. Same thing while pushing it back in. Second warning: beware of the cable to the coil, it has to be re-inserted carefully so it does not block the LED. Now to the interesting part for you: The vibrator is just a micro-motor with an unbalanced weight, this weight can easily come off from the axis that holds it. I bet the vibrator still works, but shake it gently and you may notice something loose inside, it is not broken, just separated from the axis. I strongly suggest you to send it to GARRETT unless you want to deal with what I mentioned at the beginning. It will not cost you too much. My end of the story is that a technician replaced the micro-switch and carefully re-assembled the whole thing. Since I live in SouthAmerica, and for any Garrett repair I have to send the item to Germany (Garrett's policy), I took chances to repair it my way. You have it easy, so make your choice.

Thanks!!!